• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One change

SkiRaceParent

True; with or without it, it may go under. But either way, a private buyer would enter the fray. Point being, EB-5 was and is totally unnecessary.

I beg to differ. Without the hotel, the only potential buyer, who would see value, would likely be BMA. With the hotel, and the management fee associated with it, along with the increased skier visits, it will open up the mountain to another pool of potential buyers, in that event.

Again, your speaking like getting a $100 M injection of funding is a bad thing, when in fact, any way you slice it, it is most likely good for the viability of the mountain going forward.

snoseek

Open a little later but stay open as late as possible. More people need to ski in spring.

darent

I tend to disagree with you. Sure, they may be operating but EB-5 funding aside, both would be barely operable and not seeing the opportunities that may come their way through this means of funding. It's effectively an economic stimulus package for these more rural VT mountains. Sure, I also don't like all the political/economic strings attached and question whether these loans will be paid back, but plopping a 100+ bed hotel at mid-Burke can only help, not hurt, the sustainability of the mountain.
history has shown that whenever a golden parachute of financing has appeared on the ski scene,bankruptcy soon followed!! can you name the ones that went belly up over junk bonds?

Savemeasammy

(Sorry, rules violation.... This covers ALL EC ski areas)

How about no friggin' rain storms right in the middle of ski season? That'd be great. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

More multi-mountain pass options here on the east coast. (like Epic Pass out west). It would be nice to see some of our local hills down here team up with some larger resorts up north. It would definitely drive me to those resorts.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

All gapers MUST wear day glow strips on their gear (Similar to crossing guards) and a warning patch on their helmets and jackets.

BeefyBoy50

More multi-mountain pass options here on the east coast. (like Epic Pass out west). It would be nice to see some of our local hills down here team up with some larger resorts up north. It would definitely drive me to those resorts.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

To be honest, after I first skiied at a vail resort using the Epic Pass, part of me kind of wished they would buy some eastern resort. They have really cool systems set up with their RFID passes and they also have some of the cheapest season passes in the business. Plus, Vail Resorts tends not to neglect the lift systems of their various resorts. However, I've obviously heard bad things about these mega-corporations (Vail specifically but other companies too) so it would probably not be a change for the better.

dlague

(Sorry, rules violation.... This covers ALL EC ski areas)

How about no friggin' rain storms right in the middle of ski season? That'd be great. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

+1 no thaws in January