• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Phish Reunion????

dmc

Fair enough, DMC but didn't he take her away on his segway?

He was on his Seqway - may or may not have given her a ride...

My point is... it was innocent.. something that when i was a kid in the 60's nobody would've even cared about... We interacted with adults all the time..

Of course my parents werent bikers...

BeanoNYC

He was on his Seqway - may or may not have given her a ride...

My point is... it was innocent.. something that when i was a kid in the 60's nobody would've even cared about... We interacted with adults all the time..

Of course my parents werent bikers...

Ok, you convinced me. Thanks.

dmc

+1

Any of their band members put out anything good for solo projects?

I saw the percussionist and the drummer in Idaho last year do a techno - synth - dums n bass type thing...

it was pretty crazy..

deadheadskier

Staff member
In reference to Gordo, his reputation didn't help him in that matter. He's been known to pick up girls very close to age 18 in Burlington. Obviously a lot different than a 9 year old, but by many accounts he's rumored to be a creep. I'm not saying this is all together true, I don't know. I do know that when I lived there, I used to see him out quite a bit in Burlington and one time was at Leunigs Bistro about three years ago and the girl he was sharing a meal with was about that age. Could've been just a friend or he could have a bit of Bill Wyman in him. Like I said, not labeling him, but certain things you hear and see can make you wonder a bit.

As for his music, he's fantastic. I have not heard the new album, but look forward to hearing it at some point. The Kotke pairing was quite good.

ccskier

Step one complete. Funny, I was thinking about it a lot over the weekend. No matter, where, when, if it happens I am going to be there. Already have a crew lined up to make a trip if need be.

dmc

In reference to Gordo, his reputation didn't help him in that matter. He's been known to pick up girls very close to age 18 in Burlington. Obviously a lot different than a 9 year old, but by many accounts he's rumored to be a creep. I'm not saying this is all together true, I don't know. I do know that when I lived there, I used to see him out quite a bit in Burlington and one time was at Leunigs Bistro about three years ago and the girl he was sharing a meal with was about that age. Could've been just a friend or he could have a bit of Bill Wyman in him. Like I said, not labeling him, but certain things you hear and see can make you wonder a bit.

As for his music, he's fantastic. I have not heard the new album, but look forward to hearing it at some point. The Kotke pairing was quite good.

I the early 90s there were rumors that Bob Wier was into boys...

frozencorn

Also from the announcement:

"The band intends to announce additional touring in 2009 early next year."

Well, stay sober, Trey, and we'll see how this goes. High hopes.

deadheadskier

Staff member

well, J and I had a vacation in mind for April to drive down to DC to visit a very good friend I haven't seen in a couple of years, spend a weekend with him, check out the Outer Banks for a couple of days and then over to Asheville for a couple. Plan would now be DC, Phish on Sunday then out to the OB.

ccskier

Put in for Friday night. Going to try for all 3, wife told me to grow up this morning on my announcement, she doesn't understand.

dmc

Put in all three nights...

Sweet...

Last edited:

roark

I stopped going to Phish shows once it became an arena thing, and don't listen to them much anymore. Who knows, this might peak my interest again. I did recently dl the only show I attended that I didn't have a recording of.

For live music I have pretty much zero interest in seeing a show at a large venue. If it were about the "show" rather than the music I might see an act at one of those venues, but for music they universally suck. I'm very fortunate to be able to go to shows at smaller places, even if it's usually midweek.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I stopped going to Phish shows once it became an arena thing, and don't listen to them much anymore. Who knows, this might peak my interest again. I did recently dl the only show I attended that I didn't have a recording of.

For live music I have pretty much zero interest in seeing a show at a large venue. If it were about the "show" rather than the music I might see an act at one of those venues, but for music they universally suck. I'm very fortunate to be able to go to shows at smaller places, even if it's usually midweek.

very much agree with this statement. Part of the reason we moved where we did was because of the Stone Church. I'll take seeing a smaller band like Nate Wilson Group there over an arena show any day of the week.

I don't think I've seen an arena / stadium show since Dead tour 2002 in Roanoke, VA. I'm still very much intrigued though if Trey is sober and the band is well practiced.