• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Phish Reunion????

Vortex

Put in for Friday night. Going to try for all 3, wife told me to grow up this morning on my announcement, she doesn't understand.

Funny. My wife gave up trying to get me to listen to her about shows. Glad folks are excited about the music. Never did it for me, but enjoy. I did like Mike Gordon's band at the Gathering of the vibes.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Any suggestions on lodging? I want to book sooner than later. Is there a scene in Hampton?

From what I understand, almost everything within 5 miles is completely booked. I scored a room at the Marriott right next door first thing this morning, it was sold out within an hour.

I don't know much about the city of Hampton. I went to a couple of shows, but pretty much just hung in the lot. This was late 90's and I recall the venue security and cops in general to be extremely lax.

BeanoNYC

From what I understand, almost everything within 5 miles is completely booked. I scored a room at the Marriott right next door first thing this morning, it was sold out within an hour.

I don't know much about the city of Hampton. I went to a couple of shows, but pretty much just hung in the lot. This was late 90's and I recall the venue security and cops in general to be extremely lax.

I'll probably look to book a few days after we find out about tickets or not. I'm assuming some people will cancel at that point.

deadheadskier

Staff member
We regret to inform you that you did not get the Phish tickets that you requested through Phish Ticketing :(

Oh well, probably a good thing. I was going to plan a vacation down south to the Outer Banks around it, but I really wanted to wait until later in the spring when the weather is warmer. Not to mention, the first week of March is often the best week of the year for skiing.

such is life

frozencorn

Also denied, which is just as well. Would have hated the dilemma of sacrificing a prime ski weekend and spending the cash to get to Hampton. Would have also hated the dilemma of flipping them to a friend or putting them on ebay. Now, I do not have to. Looking forward to the tour.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The thing that attracted me most is Hampton itself. I really can't stand large seated shows. At least at Hampton where it's GA you can go wherever you like. I don't really have an interest in seeing anyone at an indoor stadium where I'm confined to a tiny seat.

Hopefully they do a festival this summer. That I'd be down with or something like Great Woods that has a decent lawn.

I sort of feel like Phish might not do so well anymore since most of their fans have grown up..I could be wrong since Madonna still does well..

deadheadskier

Staff member
Got a buddy in San Fran who got two to each show.

Out of the dozens of people I know who tried for tickets, only a couple got them and in each case it was not just one night, but all three. Seems phishy to me. I mean if they just have REALLY good luck, great, but if for some reason the lottery system just filled entire orders per credit card, then that's kind of lame. I'd rather see three people each get tickets to one night, then one person get tickets to all three nights.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I sort of feel like Phish might not do so well anymore since most of their fans have grown up..I could be wrong since Madonna still does well..

As long as they practice and deliver consistent performances like they did during pre-hiatus days, I see them easily filling most arenas around the country. They're are numerous youngsters out there who never got the chance to see them and are choppin' at the bit. I'm sure they will cultivate a whole host of other new fans as well. Again, this is provided they practice and don't have the drug issues that plagued them towards the end of the first go around.

ccskier

I'm pissed. Drove over to my office, set up a few computers, got ready for 10AM. NOTHING, not even 1 ticket. I do not know how it happened. Ticketmaster is bullshit.

deadheadskier

Staff member