• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Prayers needed for a fellow skier

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
:sad:

I didn't know he was sick. Although I didn't know him, I remember reading for so long. I believe I first saw him year's ago on FTO. I'll miss reading his posts.

Condolences to all who knew him, his friends and especially his family.

RIP AndyZee, may you find powder turns where you are.

thetrailboss

Staff member
There are very few who were more passionate about the sport than him. It is a sad day for sure.

kingslug

I met Andy many years ago and skied with him and his wife many times at Killington and Hunter. We had the craziest time at Tux 2 years ago..we got lost..big time lost. We decided to go up and over the top and ski down one of the chutes...we couldn't find the chute and ended up..going down the wrong one...OMG...we did finally find the trail back and made it back to the hotel..at 9pm...we where on the mountain for almost 12 hours..I'll never forget it..its one of those things that will stick with you forever..I knew he wasn't well but didn't know how bad it was until today..we lost one of the good ones...

powhunter

Sad News....Andy was a righteous guy, and dedicated skier..had some great days with him at Killington..He will surely be missed!

gostan

Andy, I wish I had got to meet/ski with you. And that there had been a cure for your disease as there's no cure for life.
RIP.

jack97

My condolences to family and friends. Safe Passages Andy.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Wow ... Just wow I was busy all weekend and didn't get a chance to get on Alpinezone on but I'm so sad to hear that this morning...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Greg

Staff member
Obviously, I'm not all that active here anymore. However, Andy was a big part of the this community, and while he and I had our moments over the years, I prefer to remember the good times with him. Andy was a part of the first ever official AlpineZone gathering, and I had put this video together at the time to document the day. Not a lot of andyzee footage, but I would like to dedicate this video to him:

R.I.P andyzee