• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Quads and 4 wheeling with in of 3 hours of NYC?

ScottySkis

Does anyone know of good place to go my coworker wants to go, any information would be much appreciated?

dmc

nothing at your favorite mountain?

gmcunni

i've looked for something similar without much luck. Seems NH and Maine offer it but i've not found anything down this way. if you do, please let me know.

dmc

I like Hunter it is a great mountain and if I was off midweek I would go their more then Platty, and no quads that I can find anywhere near them.

I wasn't questioning your love of your favorite mountain - I was only thinking since your so hooked in you'd know...

dmc

I know of trails here in Hunter but you need the OK from the landowners and they only allow locals..
i do see people poaching DEC land on quads... But.. Be ready to pay the prices of getting busted..

Glenn

Western Mass is your closest bet. But they've been shutting down public riding for the last few years. Outside of Mass, Southern NH is next on the close list. NH is a very ATV friendly. VT has riding, but it's only on public land. CT is a joke. I don't even have my quad here any more. I used to ride a lot in Western Mass. When they had more trails open, we had some pretty sweet rides. We'd put in anywhere from 20-40 miles a day in.

gmcunni

Western Mass is your closest bet. But they've been shutting down public riding for the last few years. Outside of Mass, Southern NH is next on the close list. NH is a very ATV friendly. VT has riding, but it's only on public land. CT is a joke. I don't even have my quad here any more. I used to ride a lot in Western Mass. When they had more trails open, we had some pretty sweet rides. We'd put in anywhere from 20-40 miles a day in.

I've been told there are trails in Thomaston CT but it is motorcycle only.

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/connecticut_08550/ride_0d72.htm

Hawkshot99

There used to be a place by Hunter. Dont know the name of it. In the winter they had snowmobiles, and quads when no snow.

o3jeff

rentals has been my issue, let me know where in NJ she's going please.

My guess is Pine Barrens but there is also Rausch Creek in PA. I know some of the local Jeep groups go there but from the videos I saw there is a lot of technical stuff there so if your not ready to scratch or bang up the Jeep I probably wouldn't make the drive down.

Last edited: