• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Revelstoke For My Wife

Zermatt

With Revelstoke on the Ikon we may be headed there next February, big factor will be cost of flights.

I'm fine skiing there for 5-6 days, my kids will be fine in ski school, but I am most worried about how my wife will like it. She mainly skis blue groomers, and once she finds one she likes she can ski it over and over. Will she get bored? Are there green cruisers or are they just flat cat tracks? Would this be a good place for her to take lessons and venture into some gentle tree skiing?

What about lodging? Looks like the only on mountain is the very expensive Sutton Place or basic hotels in town. Is there anything in between? With two kids we would like a separate sleeping area so everyone doesn't have to go to bed at the same time.

For weather I assume not as sunny as Colorado Rockies but not as cloudy as Whistler? I obviously wouldn't complain if it snowed every day, but I would like to see the sun and views once or twice.

Lastly, getting there. I'm thinking Calgary and renting a car. I've never been to Banff or those areas so I don't mind spending a day driving through the national parks. I know Kelowna is closer, but likely much more expensive.

kingslug

Well..let's see. Blue runs, not so much but the lower mountain has them and you can get off at mid station to get them. Green are few but long and winding. Trees, more tree runs than 10 Jay Peaks and some easy ones to learn in. Shuttle buses around the clock from town so staying in there no problem. Driving from Calgary might be a good option. Better have all wheel or 4 wheel...snow covered roads there are no joke. We went from NY to Toronto to Kelowna..then 2.5 hour drive. Pretty long day. Our weather was snow every day almost never saw the sun except the last day.
This is a pretty remote place and nothing like you find here. But if you like tree skiing or want to learn how they have it all. See my TRs.

rocks860

For some reason every time I see this thread title I just hear it in my head in the Borat voice. It’s rather disconcerting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk