• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SB, MRG & Smuggs next week

tnt1234

If you stay in Waterbury, Smugs is an hour drive. Stowe, Bolton, MRG and SB are 30 minutes tops.

bdfreetuna

Smuggler's Notch is a significantly better ski resort than MRG, and I like MRG. And for the sort of skiing you like doing, Smuggs is probably 100% better than MRG.

I gotta say they are pretty darn close in terms of challenge and terrain, maybe Smuggs has a slightly higher pucker factor if you search it out. Happen to have a soft spot for MRG even in spite of having a better overall day at Smuggs (did a back to back trip this week).

Something about getting 3rd place in the parking lot and zero lines midweek, and arguably the best or non-arguably at least top-tier NoVT mogul and tree skiing... with pretty darn fun groomers to mix it up. Just warms my heart every time I go.

Waterbury to Smuggs is a little inconvenient but well within reasonable range for a vacation based day trip. We just did a trip to MRG from Jeffersonville. 1hr 5mins over the hill. A nice drive really.