• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Should I hold an extreme skiing clinic this year, at Killington?

jerryg

Because, that would be lame.

The fact that you posted a thread asking if you should host an extreme skiing clinic is lame.
You not knowing the ability level of many of the participants on this board and yet saying that they could all benefits from your services is lame.
You thinking that you would even qualify to instruct someone to under "extreme" conditions is not only lame, but downright dangerous given that those who do teach such clinics have the credientials and credibility to do so.

If you were such a good skier, you wouldn't be blabbing about it on here, but you are so you = fail!

Highway Star

The fact that you posted a thread asking if you should host an extreme skiing clinic is lame.
You not knowing the ability level of many of the participants on this board and yet saying that they could all benefits from your services is lame.
You thinking that you would even qualify to instruct someone to under "extreme" conditions is not only lame, but downright dangerous given that those who do teach such clinics have the credientials and credibility to do so.

If you were such a good skier, you wouldn't be blabbing about it on here, but you are so you = fail!

Hummm....how about I offer you some reading comprehension lessons?

Some of you may remember the clinic I put on for the epicski folks back a few years ago...........

"Skiing the Highway Way".

While I cut it short due to bad conditions, it seemed to go ok. Should I hold another one at Killington this year?

A few of you guys need lessons on slaying the gnar.........

Obviously, if you're so defensive about your ablity level, you could probably stand to have a lesson or two, or perhaps attend my clinic.

jerryg

Hummm....how about I offer you some reading comprehension lessons?

Obviously, if you're so defensive about your ablity level, you could probably stand to have a lesson or two, or perhaps attend my clinic.

How was I being defensive about my skiing ability? I was saying that you are acting irresponsibly and that as an extreme or aggressive skiing instructor, you fail. Period. You can't refute it. You have no credibility. Get over yourself and go back to your village. :rolleyes:

Brewbeer

I would love to see some video of good skiers ripping it up on some of K's gnar.

Hold the "clinic" (ski off?), record it and post it. It's always fun to watch skiers ripping it up, especially if you can't be there to see it.

I have a larger johnson than the rest of you...and I shag much better, so how about I host a shagging clinic and teach you dead fucks some technique...and we can compare johnsons. :roll:

jerryg

I have a larger johnson than the rest of you...and I shag much better, so how about I host a shagging clinic and teach you dead fucks some technique...and we can compare johnsons. :roll:

Are you claiming to be one of the 30 top shaggers at your mountain? :cool:

Are you claiming to be one of the 30 top shaggers at your mountain? :cool:

you're a sunday river regular, you must have heard of my shagging...or you've seen me shagging from the lift and you've said to yourself "damn, that guy can really shag" and your liftmate says "yeah, and did you see the johnson on that guy?" If you've ever sat on the deck at barker you've probably seen me shagging in the halfpipe...all the bitches on the deck get wet watching me shag in the pipe. :razz:

Highway Star

Links to original epicski threads:

http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/48964/i-d-like-to-offer-my-services-to-teach-a-free-ski-clinic
http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread...tar-way-agenda-info-thread-and-what-to-expect
http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/49035/highway-star-clinic-time-place-announced
http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/49905/freeskiing-the-highway-star-way-tr-1-7-07

Link to TGR trip report thread:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71042

Well, after all the interest in my MA thread, the Expert skier thread, and the ESA Stowe, I would like to donate my time to teach a freeskiing clinic.......we'll call it the "Highway Way".

One day, early-mid January, at either Stowe or Killington. Probably a Friday, but it can be a saturday or sunday. We'll set something up. I think a group of 10 to 15 people would be fine.

We'll work on many important topics that the PSIA might not be addressing for you, such as:

- How to have fun on skis
- Skiing in Jeans
- Skiing fat skis on the east coast, and why
- Actually carving
- How not to gape
- How to spot real steeze vs. fake steeze
- Ripping
- Jumping
- Skiing fast
- Skiing in traffic
- Skiing fast in traffic
- Bragging
- Finding powder
- Finding "technical skiing"
- Internet callouts
- "Adventure Skiing"
- Poaching
- Smelling like BO

All valueable topics.......

No, really, I'm serious. I'd be happy to take a pack of you skiing and impart some knowledge.....perhaps give you a different perspective on skiing, and ways to enjoy it. There will be no showboating or other asshattery on my part, promise. If you would like to know Killington or Stowe better, I'd be happy to show you around.

Please let me know if there's anything specific that you'd like to work on, and perhaps I can put a little curiculum together. It will be fun.

WWF-VT

Are these the two most important skills for a Top 30 skier at Killington ?

- Skiing in traffic
- Skiing fast in traffic

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com

- Skiing in traffic
- Skiing fast in traffic
They used to be, but since Kmart has pissed off/away a lot of it's core customers, it's not really an issue any more. :wink::flame:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well HWS

Your ability to teach extreme skiing is TBD, but I think you've got the Bragging category pegged.

jerryg

you're a sunday river regular, you must have heard of my shagging...or you've seen me shagging from the lift and you've said to yourself "damn, that guy can really shag" and your liftmate says "yeah, and did you see the johnson on that guy?" If you've ever sat on the deck at barker you've probably seen me shagging in the halfpipe...all the bitches on the deck get wet watching me shag in the pipe. :razz:

Oh, I knew, but I was trying to play to your modest side. Maybe you could call out HS for a Shag-Off?! :puke: :cool:

jerryg

- Skiing in traffic
- Skiing fast in traffic

Perhaps not as much "how not to gape."

What is a gape? Presumably you know why a gaper is called a gaper, despite the fact the pronunciation is different and grammatically incorrect; I would think that because you were offering reading comprehension lessons, you would at least get that one word right.