• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SKI Magazine $2.50

You get it for free if you race in one Nastar race..and I will laugh because ski magazine=toilet paper..actually that would be an insult to toilet paper..
Or you say " Toilet paper actually has a function" but remember for some people that magazine is their life's work. SKI has helped me past the time in many waiting rooms.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Or you say " Toilet paper actually has a function" but remember for some people that magazine is their life's work. SKI has helped me past the time in many waiting rooms.

Once upon a time there was a world without the Internet. It was damn hard, mostly impossible to get up to date and accurate information. You relied on month's old publications, phone calls to resorts and verbal reports from your friends. In those days any info coming from resorts and magazines was of dubious value, so we learned to read between the lines. We didn't have access to trade group reports, insider mailings or publications. We had Ski, Skiing and a couple of other niche pubs. The tele and powder mags didn't exist.
SKI and Skiing used to be 3-4x larger than they are today. The gear issues were enormous, veritable catalogs of equipment.

While the future of such mags is now in question, there was a time and place for every publication.

Yeah pre internet Ski and Skiing magazines were good but now they are utterly worthless..just my 2 cents..I give them another couple years before they are extinct..same with alot of brick and mortar ski shops..The internet rules for the consumer and it's good for the environment..

Glenn

LOL! I don't get all the Ski/Skiing hate. If you don't like it...don't read it.

dmc

Yeah pre internet Ski and Skiing magazines were good but now they are utterly worthless..just my 2 cents..I give them another couple years before they are extinct..same with alot of brick and mortar ski shops..The internet rules for the consumer and it's good for the environment..

I used to subscribe to POWDER but not for the articles... Only the PIX :)

Correct about the post internet magazine thing for sure...