• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown (night): Wednesday, 12/20/2006

2knees

are they still planning on re-opening? website isnt updated.

Greg

Staff member
are they still planning on re-opening? website isnt updated.

I just called the snow phone and it said they are closed Monday and Tuesday of this week, but did not commit to a Wednesday re-opening. It said snowmaking should resume "mid-week" and to check back then. It's supposed to get down to 20 degrees tonight so if it gets cold early enough this evening, they should be able to resurface sufficiently tonight. I really hope they reopen tomorrow.

Grassi21

I just called the snow phone and it said they are closed Monday and Tuesday of this week, but did not commit to a Wednesday re-opening. It said snowmaking should resume "mid-week" and to check back then. It's supposed to get down to 20 degrees tonight so if it gets cold early enough this evening, they should be able to resurface sufficiently tonight. I really hope they reopen tomorrow.

I hope so to. I'm having the guys at my shop do a rush job on giving me a little more space in the toe box of my left boot. The boots should be ready by 4 pm and then its off to Sundown.

bvibert

Staff member
They're not really good about updating the website.

They should definitely be able to blow a good amount of snow tonight. I'm sure they'll open tomorrow if that's the case. I think the management is pretty eager to open up again...

Grassi21

I just pulled this off their stie - "Snowmaking resumes tonight! Anticipate reopening with 6 trails on Thurs., Dec. 21." Say it aint so!

Grassi21

I just called Mohawk for a goof. They will have 5 trails open tomorrow (Nutmeg, Rim Rock > Arrow Head and Wildwood > Lift Line)......

bvibert

Staff member
The snow phone hasn't been updated either. I think that the Welcome Center probably closes at 5 on days that they're not open...

Grassi21

The snow phone hasn't been updated either. I think that the Welcome Center probably closes at 5 on days that they're not open...

Good point about the 5 pm close. If Mohawk is open tomorrow I don't see why Sundown would hold back. Fingers crossed...

bvibert

Staff member
The snow phone has been updating to say that they plan on opening on Thursday too... :( :cry:

I'll be there Thursday if anyone wants to head over... I might be working though...

Greg

Staff member
Bummer! We just dipped below freezing so maybe there is hope, but I don't think they'd post Thursday on their site if there was any chance of them opening tomorrow. Fingers crossed though. $18 for Mohawk tomorrow night. I'm sort of considering it....

bvibert

Staff member
Bummer! We just dipped below freezing so maybe there is hope, but I don't think they'd post Thursday on their site if there was any chance of them opening tomorrow. Fingers crossed though. $18 for Mohawk tomorrow night. I'm sort of considering it....

Hmmm... Two ways down off of one chair... Maybe that isn't so bad... I haven't been to Mohawk in a while... Dammit, now you got me thinking about it too! $18 won't break the bank at least...

Greg

Staff member
Just talked to Stacey in the Welcome Center. Definitely not opening today. :( They are continuing to pound the mountain though... :)