• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown (night): Wednesday, 12/27/2006

Greg

Staff member
My daughter will be in the Puffins class in the morning, but I'll probably head back for the Wednesday night session.

Greg

Staff member
I might make this night...I will know more as it gets closer.

I might actually head up a bit earlier than normal as I'm not working that day. What time would you show up if you go, Dave?

Grassi21

I might actually head up a bit earlier than normal as I'm not working that day. What time would you show up if you go, Dave?

i'm working from home that day so I should be there early too.

Greg

Staff member
Well...might as well bump this one as it looks like we're gonna be skunked out tomorrow... :(

I'll probably be on skis around 6 pm this day.

Grassi21

Well...might as well bump this one as it looks like we're gonna be skunked out tomorrow... :(

I'll probably be on skis around 6 pm this day.

I'm in. Def. there by 6. Maybe earlier if I don't get out the day before.

loafer89

Don't remind me! I'm trying very hard to ignore that forecast in the hopes that it just doesn't come true... :cry:

This rain is forecast for all of New England, just what the ski areas do not need.:evil:

At least there is the possibility of snow with the second storm on Christmas night-tuesday.

Greg

Staff member
The forecast calls for 2-3" of rain in the Sundown area friday night and saturday, ouch:sad:

Wow. That's a change from yesterday. I'm done skiing until Wednesday. Hopefully they can resurface and a little nat might help. Praying for at least dry weather (or snow) next week as my daughter starts in with the Puffins program at Sundown on Tuesday.

Grassi21

Bad news. I have to be in NYC to conduct an interview on the 27th. The post interview chat about the candidate should run until 5 pm. If I were to try to make it up I wouldn't be there until close to 8. But with the crummy forecast it sounds like I won't be missing much. :-(

Greg

Staff member
So - who's in? I was up at the mountain this morning and things are looking a little rough (lotsa brown snow) but I'll still be there tomorrow night. Anyone else?

Grassi21

I'm out. I'm in NYC during the day and doing the UConn game at night. I'm looking to do a day trip on Friday. It was just be to the Cat, but I was eying a few other spots as well.

Catul

So - who's in? I was up at the mountain this morning and things are looking a little rough (lotsa brown snow) but I'll still be there tomorrow night. Anyone else?

Didn't see you this morning? My 4- and 6-year old daughters had their Puffins class this morning; you're right that things are looking pretty desperate out there :( You know they're going to be cranking out the snow tonight!

I plan to ski with my girls for an hour or so after their class tomorrow morning; don't think I'll make it back at night, but will let you know if things change.

loafer89

As it stands right now I am in for tomorrow, but I hope they get the chance to make some snow or it may be icy when things freeze tonight and during the evening on wednesday.

On the bright side it looks like some stormy weather is forecast for Southern New England late this week, perhaps snow if not a mix will occur. At least with high pressure building over Northern New England snowmaking will be possible at night.

Greg

Staff member
Didn't see you this morning? My 4- and 6-year old daughters had their Puffins class this morning; you're right that things are looking pretty desperate out there :( You know they're going to be cranking out the snow tonight!

I plan to ski with my girls for an hour or so after their class tomorrow morning; don't think I'll make it back at night, but will let you know if things change.

I was there! I didn't recognize anyone that looked like you either, but we only met that one time. What where you wearing? I was sort of hanging back away from the class as I didn't want to distract my daughter.

bvibert

Staff member
I will probably be there, but it depends on what I do during the day tomorrow. If I wear myself out skiing somewhere else then I probably won't make it.

I skied tonight for a few hours and it wasn't bad, very spring like again. Some thin spots for sure, Temptor had a lot of brown showing. Honestly it was a lot better than I expected it to be. One good thing, for me anyway, was that they didn't do an evening groom so there was some piles on the sides of the trails to play in. The un-official word I got was that they don't plan on making snow tonight because they won't be able to. They do plan on being able to start the guns back up tomorrow night though.

loafer89

Was the mountain crowded? My main concern with skiing tomorrow night is that too many people will wear down the limited amount of snow on the trails.

I imagine that with all of the delightful weather of late, that is keeping alot of people away from skiing.