• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing and Music

KustyTheKlown

0-700x700.jpg

if those dates were in february, it would be ski whitefish > rexford show > drive day > Livingston show > ski big sky > Livingston show > ski big sky > livingtston show > skip boise and drive to spokane via schweitzer and ski > ski 49N > spokane show > skip seattle to drive to bend and ski bachelor > bend show > drive to tahoe ski x3 > tahoe show. that would be so fucking sick.

jaytrem

Been to Bogus? Very cool place! Best to not skip Boise on your dream trip.

KustyTheKlown

Been to Bogus? Very cool place! Best to not skip Boise on your dream trip.

i havent been to bogus or to tamarack or brundage. i have been to schweitzer/panhandle and sun valley. i do need to visit and ski the boise region. just needed some sacrifices on my hypothetical itinerary. i suppose the route could skip spokane and go thru boise and see that show and ski there.

jimmywilson69

Confirmed that show was moved inside. No inside bisco for me. It's a beautiful day her in Central PA and will be tomorrow too.

My buddies sister in law bought "club" tickets outside that got special access to a bar or something and is pissed that she might not get any money back. She's a bisco officianado...

Smellytele

KustyTheKlown

dead and co sucks, the tempo is off, john, blah blah blah (i happen to like john, but just getting the typical dead and co distaste out of the way)

last night at citi field, the morning dew peak to end set 2, was transcendent. with the full awareness that this is probably the last time i will hear grateful dead music performed at the scale of a baseball or football stadium, and a headful of LSD, i fucking wept and vibrated and felt the grateful dead in my soul. then i hugged a lifelong friend for a full 30 seconds. if that is my last big room grateful dead experience, im fine with it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Glad you had a good time. I passed on Fenway this weekend. Just not worth the money to me. I'd rather catch a local dead tribute in a bar for $20 than pay $150+ for nosebleeds and likely a slow tempo.

I mentioned Tool earlier in this thread. I did pay $150 for tickets to see them in Manchester in November

Smellytele

Went to spac for the 2 shows the music was great the venue sucks. Half the crowd couldn’t see the stage and 1/4 couldn’t even see the monitors. Then the line to get in was atrocious. Gates opened at 5:30 we didn’t get in until the 3rd song . Waited in line 2.5 hours after the gates opened. Second night got in line at 2:30 and was in by 6 - They opened the gates at 5
Heading to Fenway Sunday

deadheadskier

Staff member
I can't stand SPAC unless I'm in the Pavilion. Worst lawn of any Northeast shed venue by far. Throw in the biggest dick police officers anywhere (they make Great Woods cops seem docile) and I have zero desire to go back there. Had cops confiscate a case of beer the last time I was there for Phish. It was in the trunk, unopened. They were raiding every other car on the way in and confiscating whatever they found. You want to tell me to dump out an open container for drinking where it's not allowed, that's fine. But confiscating a case of unopened beer from my trunk? Total BS.

jimmywilson69

i fucking wept and vibrated and felt the grateful dead in my soul. then i hugged a lifelong friend for a full 30 seconds.

This made me laugh, I'm glad you you enjoyed yourself and had a moment (no sarcasm). that's what music, especially live music, is all about.

In the past week Trey Anastasio and moe. both announced they are coming to Harrisburg. In the same weekend nonetheless! my summer concerts have filled in nicely

6/3 Dead & Slo - Thought I had tickets and Didn't :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
7/25 Phish - Mann Center Philthydelphia. Pit Tix!
7/29 My Morning Jacket - Anthem DC. This place is a really really nice indoor venue. Owned and designed by the people who own the 9:30 club.
8/16 Bruce Springsteen - Philthydelphia. We have good friends who are hard core fans. This is more or less checking off a box for me. I'm sure it'll be fun
9/15 moe. - Club XL Harrisburg
9/17 TAB - Riverfront Park Harrisburg. Really cool venue right along the SUsquehanna River.

urungus

I’m not much of a jam band fan, but I did see Phish’s first ever west coast show 3/28/1991 at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. It was “Dollar Night” so the cover charge was one dollar.

IMG_1314.png

KustyTheKlown

Spac lawn is the worst. Might as well not go to a concert.

You’ll like Bruce. He’s a consummate performer. Bruce, buffet, steely dan, are the big 3 my dad would bring me to as a kid

jimmywilson69

You’ll like Bruce. He’s a consummate performer. Bruce, buffet, steely dan, are the big 3 my dad would bring me to as a kid
Yeah I've heard that. You just never know what songs you are going to hear, and he has a vast catalog that extend out of the radio songs I know. I've been trying to listen to some Bruce so I'm not so clueless during 3 hours

Hawk

Jimmy, looks like you spend more on shows then skiing. Thats big coin you have invested. Nope I'm done with crowds and parking and assholes at big shows.