• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing Bucket List

dlague

Many of you have skied in some really cool places from what i have seen. Based on you current skiing experiences, what interests you? I have to imagine that most of you have places or regions that you would like to ski but have not - at least so far.

For me there are a few such as Chile, Central and Northern Japan and A few European resorts. I will follow up with specific resorts in a later post (have to hit the road home).

fbrissette

I've seen enough ski resorts. My objectives are more backcountry oriented.
- Alaska
- Iceland - boat living to get to remote peninsulas (yes, such a trip actually exist)
- European Alps - nothing beat the atmosphere of European high-mountain huts

And finally, try to get enough money for a few days of heliskiing.

If I had to choose one resort I would pick Big Sky Montana.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
South America some summer
Alaska

Definitely Europe again, with my kids when they are older probably, and heli skiiing again. Although sicne I've already done that can it still count as bucket list???

My bucket list is to get tele equipment and really get into BC skiing at some point. I've always loved hiking but it just seems time constraints have sucked. I Need to hook up with some people here for sure. I really want to pick up tele this season. not sure yet if it's in the cards.

jaytrem

Well my wife was asking me last night when I'd be going to Alaska. That's up there. Number 1 is probably Northern British Columbia.

ScottySkis

Bucket list for life would be going to amsterdam no skiing but lots of other stuff I like.

For Skiing i guess Italy Alps.

darent

Bucket list for life would be going to amsterdam no skiing but lots of other stuff I like.

For Skiing i guess Italy Alps.

was there in the 70's,don,t remember a thing,musta been a trip!!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

thetrailboss

Staff member
Good thread. I think we've had a similar one in the past, but an update is always good.

Zermatt is legit and a must do for serious skiers.

As for me, Whistler, Big Sky, Alaska, Japan, Scandinavia, Chile.

Nobody seems to be suggesting North Korea for some reason :blink: ;)

deadheadskier

Staff member
So many amazing places to ski in the world; many listed in this tread so far. All of them are on my bucket list because I truly want to ski everywhere I can.

That said, my personal skiing bucket list is just to someday have a modest second home to base out of in the MWV. Far from the best skiing in the world or even New England for that matter, but still a special place and very convenient from home. I'd trade all the Jackson Hole, Snowbird, Alps, South America experiences in a lifetime, just to have a modest place to chill out at on weekends and vacations in the MWV.

jimk

Been skiing for nearly 50 years, skied about 85 ski areas in North America and Europe. There are a few really good places I have still not skied in the US that would be nice to visit and the Alps would be great to revisit, but after being a weekend warrior for so long I am looking forward to retirement and just racking up as many ski days as my body will allow. Hopefully, this would lead to some improved skills. It would have to be at someplace good with a few thousand feet of vertical, but any number of places would do. Therefore, top item on my bucket list is to be a geezer ski bum somewhere for a while:)

SIKSKIER

Everybody needs to do interior BC before they die.Many days like this of bottomless pow.

Attachments

• 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

gmcunni

don't have a bucket list defined but really jonesin to ski Mammoth soon. never been, the travel there worries me (as in extra time needed) but hoping my son's spring break plans don't solidify and i can convince him to go with me.

jaytrem

don't have a bucket list defined but really jonesin to ski Mammoth soon. never been, the travel there worries me (as in extra time needed) but hoping my son's spring break plans don't solidify and i can convince him to go with me.

It's only about 3 hours from Reno on mostly easy scenic roads, and you can get in some Tahoe time too. That's my plan next time I'm out that way. I want to be sure to get to June, just in case. Most people don't come from that direction, I think that's why it has a reputation for being a long drive. Unfortunately there's no more Newark-Reno direct flights, used to be real easy.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Ski Sundown

attachment.php

Attachments

• i+literaly+said+quot+is+that+weird+al+quot+just+as+i+_81520922a94f22b9d1623cc8675498f1.png
    i+literaly+said+quot+is+that+weird+al+quot+just+as+i+_81520922a94f22b9d1623cc8675498f1.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 137