• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowing in Baghdad, R&*ing in VT...

dmc

Thats gotta be wild... Never seeing snow... Or ever thinking about seeing snow... And then wham.. snow...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
In college I met a fellow from Alabama who had never seen snow before. The first time the flakes appeared in the sky, you would have thought he was a five-year old. Entirely amazed. He even tried to learn how to ski!

I drove into Boston about 4pm yesterday. The rain was torrential on he drive it - the kind where the drops make a slapping sound as they hit the windshield. Reminded me of a mid-summer tropical downpour, as the lightening clapped across the sky. When I got home, the yard was revealing itself. I dare say that here, the rains were as damaging to the snowpack as the 60-degree days earlier in the week. Wachusett's gotta be suffering this weekend.

dmc

I work with an guy from Israel who never saw snow until we were traveling to Minn. last December...

He was amazed to actually see it... And horribly frightened when we were driving in the stuff..