• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So tell me about Plattekill....

harvey recruits a few nyski bloggers and we're practically halfway to 25...the more folks we get the cheaper it becomes...i think we'd have to cap it at 100 to keep it a nice homey feel :)

ScottySkis

Ill throw in a 100 to have the mountain to ourselves! Even if we had a 100 people @25 each we wouldnt be able to track out the mountain

[h=2]Rent the Mountain[/h]

RENT THE MOUNTAIN
The mountain is available for private rental for groups, corporate groups, non-porfit organizations or fundraisers any Monday - Thursday (non-holiday).
Advance reservations are required. All facilities operational.
Up to 250 people: $2500
250 people +: $2,500 plus $10/per person for each person over 250
Plus discounted "group rates" apply for all rentals/lessons, etc.
Rental of our tubing park is also available.
Plattekill does not apply day-of-arrival, on-site group discounts. Visa, Mastercard, Discover or corporate checks accepted. Sorry, no personal checks. All money is due on arrival with 1 payment, no invoices for future payments will be issued.
Tax Exempt Groups must present "Tax Exempt" form. Otherwise an 8% tax will be added to all taxable items.
Rates subject to change without notice.
- See more at: http://plattekill.com/rates/rent-the-mountain#sthash.hljML57H.dpuf

[h=2]Rent the Mountain[/h]

RENT THE MOUNTAIN
The mountain is available for private rental for groups, corporate groups, non-porfit organizations or fundraisers any Monday - Thursday (non-holiday).
Advance reservations are required. All facilities operational.
Up to 250 people: $2500
250 people +: $2,500 plus $10/per person for each person over 250
Plus discounted "group rates" apply for all rentals/lessons, etc.
Rental of our tubing park is also available.
Plattekill does not apply day-of-arrival, on-site group discounts. Visa, Mastercard, Discover or corporate checks accepted. Sorry, no personal checks. All money is due on arrival with 1 payment, no invoices for future payments will be issued.
Tax Exempt Groups must present "Tax Exempt" form. Otherwise an 8% tax will be added to all taxable items.
Rates subject to change without notice.
- See more at: http://plattekill.com/rates/rent-the-mountain#sthash.hljML57H.dpuf

if we get enough people (25 minimum-100 max) who are serious about this i will throw it on my card...it would be a hell of an experience...maybe we should start a thread in the trip forum...thinking with their limited snowmaking later in the season would be better conditions-wise...wonder how much advance notice they need...maybe we can identify a window and then check the long range forecast when the time gets neaerer to secure a day with prime conditions

ScottySkis

And their are other regular posters who love platty that would probably go to they start posting here more next month.

Domeskier

They have feet like a duck, but are furry. Surprisingly enough, they are also poisonous. Oh, wait.... you asked to be told about Plattekill. I've got nothing there.

Cornhead

If 100 of us show up, Platty will be more crowded than it normally is!

Shredder of Gnar

?..... The trails off the double are where its at minimal snowmaking and minimal grooming make for some great bump runs. The double blacks are legitimate. A couple will be bumped up while at least one will be groomed.......

My timing must really suck - been to Platty at least a couple dozen times over the years and have never seen any decent bump lines beyond some scratch on the sides - anybody have any pics of real bumps there (zilch in this thread) or is this just folk lore? :)

ScottySkis

My timing must really suck - been to Platty at least a couple dozen times over the years and have never seen any decent bump lines beyond some scratch on the sides - anybody have any pics of real bumps there (zilch in this thread) or is this just folk lore? :)

Bumps and or Blockbuster usually have good bumps. There are trip reports here from platty I sure if you will search you will see. Could have been timing, platty moguls are always around depends on snow fall last couple years hadn't been normal snow.

You won't ever find zippers to your liking Gman. But thats not why you go there.

mriceyman

i'm in, love the idea, it would be great to meet a-zoners since im new to the forums.
If ur ever looking for a carpooler lmk... I'm available most of the winter and from englishtown .i Plan on skiing a lot this winter

Jersey Skier

Don't post here too much, but I'm in. Central NJ too. Watch your speed on Rt 28 or those cheap lift tickets are outweighed by the expensive speeding tickets.

ScottySkis

Don't post here too much, but I'm in. Central NJ too. Watch your speed on Rt 28 or those cheap lift tickets are outweighed by the expensive speeding tickets.

Driving directions to Roxbury, NY
Vernon Township, NJ

1. Head northeast on New Jersey 94/State Rte 94/Mc Afee Vernon Rd toward Warren Dr

0.7 mi

2. Turn left onto Co Rd 515/New Jersey 94 N/State Rte 94 N/Vernon Warwick Rd

0.2 mi

3. Turn left onto Co Rd 644/Vernon Crossing Rd

1.4 mi

4. Turn right onto County Road 517/McAfee Glenwood RdContinue to follow County Road 517

3.1 mi

5. Continue onto County Rd 26/Glenwood RdEntering New York

3.0 mi

6. Continue onto County Rd 6/Pulaski Hwy

7.7 mi

7. Turn left onto New York 17A W

2.3 mi

8. Turn right onto N Connector Rd

0.3 mi

9. Take the ramp onto US-6 W

0.7 mi

10. Continue onto NY-17 W

56.3 mi

11. Take exit 94 for NY-206 toward Roscoe/Walton
Go this way from North NJ still do not go over 10mph if do not want a speeding ticket, but you should have snow tires on because you will go through some scenic nice mountains roads, no avoid 87 tolls.