• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So Who's Done?

steamboat1

I already thought my trip before last was it. Then I went up again last week not expecting much & had a great 3 days. Said my goodbyes to the mountain & some friends not expecting to drive up again. Can't get the bug out of my system & with the nice long range forecast I plan on heading up again this week. Might be the last trip then again it might not. So who's thrown in the towel on this season? I certainly thought I did but nope.

BeefyBoy50

Well, I thought my last day on skis was almost a month ago at whistler but lo and behold Big Boulder in the Poconos managed to stay open through the 60 and even 70 degree days so I got out two weeks ago. Now I'm trying to get one more weekend in this season, whether that means a may trip up to Killington/Tuckerman or a trip out west - but I don't have a lot of money to spend so I'm probably not going to be able to follow through on that last one.

Definitely can't get "the bug" out of my system though... I suspect that's the reason most of us are on here.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll go as long as Wildcat goes, then switch to SR as long as the price and weather is right.

cdskier

Usually I love skiing as long as possible in the spring while Sugarbush is still open...this year I'm just not feeling it though. I think I'm mostly just at a point where I'm tired of this season and just want to move on. This weekend looks like a perfect spring weekend, but I don't know if I can motivate myself to drive up there.

Madroch

Done save possibly a May day on superstar. Would love to ski this sat if forecast is correct but no can do.

skiMEbike

Stuck on 36 days right now....Planning to get to 40+, starting with a 3 day weekend coming up for Reggae at the Loaf. It is lining up to be a good weekend of Spring skiing, debauchery, and enjoying the sights/sounds on the beach. We may not have the Reggae snow pack that we are accustomed to, but we will have plenty of Sunshine with temps in the 50's which is equally important for making a successful Reggae weekend.

Get up to the Loaf this weekend!!

catsup948

I'm probably done lift service skiing. Too much to do on the weekends. I'll skin midweek until the snow melts. Hopefully I can make it into May a bit.

JimG.

Staff member
Usually I love skiing as long as possible in the spring while Sugarbush is still open...this year I'm just not feeling it though. I think I'm mostly just at a point where I'm tired of this season and just want to move on. This weekend looks like a perfect spring weekend, but I don't know if I can motivate myself to drive up there.

This.

Trying to motivate to get up to K this Fri and Sat, not sure I'll make it.

drjeff

If the weather is nice the weekend of the 23rd/24th, I might add to my total with a trip to Killington, as my wife and kids are away that weekend, and my "to do" list at home is quite manageable now!

If the weather isn't nice, then I can be done and happy with my 50 day total that I've logged this season.....

SkiFanE

My feelings too. There were no woods or glades this year. Some bumps. But this spring has been kinda sucky for spring bumps. I'm bored. Have 100million things to do at home that have been severely neglected all winter. Already took one mt bike ride and I'm starting to look forward to that more than another trip down a blue or black icy trail. Sigh.....usually I ski into May with great enthusiasm.

cdskier

My feelings too. There were no woods or glades this year. Some bumps. But this spring has been kinda sucky for spring bumps. I'm bored.

Nice to see I'm not alone. I think a lot of what you said hit the nail on the head. I didn't make it into the woods once and there really haven't been that many fun bumps this year. For spring bumps many of the trails still open are either too thin or have too much ice underneath to properly bump up. :sad:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Read they're closing the tram after this weekend & the Peruvian chair the following weekend. I'd guess you can still access that side off either Little Cloud or Mineral Basin lifts.

Right, the Tram is closing for cable replacement. Peruvian side will be closed. Gad and Mineral Basin (2/3 of the resort) will still be open.

http://www.snowbird.com/springpass/

steamboat1

Alta is closing this weekend & only plans to reopen the following weekend then that's it.

I wonder when K will go to a weekend only schedule? I think it will be earlier than May this season.

HowieT2

I'm done. Had a great weekend last and want to leave it on a high note.

WWF-VT

This season has sucked and it's difficult to get motivated when we are already down to limited open terrain and boring skiing. Last weekend was sunny with temperature in the 20's and 30's at Sugarbush and the place was a ghost town. Skiing was on fast and firm snow and more like mid December than spring skiing on the first weekend in April. I will still make it to Sugarbush for a few more weekends but I have more fun hiking at Mt Ellen with my dog than I do skiing at Lincoln Peak.

tumbler

Was done but the weekend weather forecast is starting to get the juices going...it is only Tuesday though....