• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Thread

Kingslug20

719..lot filling up..lot of people climbing up to get on line already...
I wouldn't stand up there for 40 minutes..
Good amount of snow on the ground!

hovercraft

Good day. After the first run mountaIn was empty. Maybe everyone did buy an Ikon pass. Snow was good, love that you get to go top top 2 bottom on the first day! Bring on the season……

Edd

Is the pod served by this lift historically underused? I think I remember someone saying this here but was staring at the trail map and realizing I don't hit those trails much on the handful of times I've been.

Kingslug20

That area does get used quite a bit. Good escape from the crowds..some decent woods..and a way to sneak over to Hayride..

deadheadskier

Staff member
Is the pod served by this lift historically underused? I think I remember someone saying this here but was staring at the trail map and realizing I don't hit those trails much on the handful of times I've been.

It's an extremely popular area of the mountain. Some of the best intermediate cruisers and the terrain park is over there. Many people use the Forerunner for that terrain because it's a fast lift vs the somewhat long and slow Mountain triple. But it's not that compelling of terrain to get from the Forerunner summit down to the top of the triple.

So, I think this new six pack is going to be a game changer and syphon a bunch of traffic from the Forerunner.

Hopefully they always leave the Lookout Double as a backup chair. The primary reason I don't want them to upgrade that chair to a higher capacity lift is the moment they do, they'll blast and widen the Lookout trail. That would be a tragedy. Next to Goat, it's the best expert run on the mountain in it's current configuration IMO.

hovercraft

Adding to the slugs post, there is a lot of intermediate trails off that lift. Being a high speed 6 pack will enable riders who want that type of terrain to avoid the Quad and play off that lift. The old triple was very, very slow.

kendo

Adding to the slugs post, there is a lot of intermediate trails off that lift. Being a high speed 6 pack will enable riders who want that type of terrain to avoid the Quad and play off that lift. The old triple was very, very slow.
and very cozy for (3) 2022 humans!

Will be interesting to see how the new 6 takes the wind when the 4Runner is on hold.

kendo

^ prime parking spot. That will prolly be a $50 space next year!