• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Thread

mbedle

Hard to guage from your pictures is the capacity of the lineup area. Doesn't appear to be much real estate there for line queues on what may end being the busiest lift on the mountain.
Looking at the triple lift line and extending it down to the dumpster lot, the base terminal seems to be located just east of the old lot. That would seem to leave a fair amount of space for the lift queue.

hovercraft

I believe there will be plenty room for the lift queue. Another good day @ Stowe. Mountain was empty again, about 4 to five inches( I would guess ) fell in the morning. Surprisingly they opened center line around 10:45 or so without waiting to groom the snow whales. Not something I have experienced in the past few years. So far a good start to the season……

doublediamond

I can’t find it at the moment but I swear the Act 250 application diagrams showed the size of the corral as accommodating 5 minutes of skiers.

hovercraft

Today was a perfect example of “you don’t know unless you show”. It was raining hard all the way to the mountain until I turned into the parking lot where it wasn’t raining at all. It was crazy. If you went back out of the parking lot and went 50 yards it would be raining. Got to the top of the mountain and it was snowing harrd, then it hailed for a bit, then it cleared up, then it started snowing again. Wild weather today. The mountain was empty all day, snow was soft almost like a spring day in march. Opened more terrain, fun day all in all.

Kingslug20

Stuck in CT...would have gone if I was home..took a look at Hunters webcam...didn't look appealing....
Have to wait till Monday..

hovercraft

Missed a good week Slug. Mountain was empty the whole holiday weekend. Bartender @ the base lodge said it was the slowest week he has experienced. Too early to tell but maybe enough people bought the Ikon to take the pressure off. It has been ride on since they opened. Snow was great today nice soft bumps to play in…..619F7AD8-E582-4165-A84C-B3FFA64E1CF7.jpeg0973C833-16F3-46C1-B039-A125712971EC.jpeg

Kingslug20

Looking at last season I only got 3 days in november..then nothing until Dec 20.
Hoping this will be a little better....the weather in CT and NY sux right now

oldfartrider

I went to Stowe today after spending previous 2 days at Sugarbush. What an awesome day and as said above, empty slopes. The bush was very little terrain open and too crowded.

hovercraft

They started putting the chairs on the 6 pack this week. That lift is a beast. I was told that it will be a 3 1/2 minute ride to the top. On another note they opened up hayride and Jake’s run today. Both rode really well. it’s amazing how much terrain they have open T2B considering all the rain we have had over the past 10 days. Have to love how much snow they hammer out.