• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Season Pass

Greg

Staff member
i know, i know... i just to procrastinate and over analyse everything though.

Keep it simple. You bought one last year. Was it worth it? If yes, buy. If no, don't buy.

bvibert

Staff member
It's been simplified to a simple equation this year.

Sundown + AZer's + bumps = DO IT!

I just bought a pass for Carrie. :spread:

Greg

Staff member
I envy you guys having skiing so close...

Nice to read a comment that isn't along the lines of Sundown being a lame molehill or something...

It would be a great place for Iceman to dial in some mogul practice when you can't get up to K-Mart, but you guys are there pretty much every weekend anyway, right? That's something to be envious of too.

gmcunni

Keep it simple. You bought one last year. Was it worth it? If yes, buy. If no, don't buy.

i like simple logic and that is essentially my thought process.. was last year's ticket worth it , YES, without a doubt. the issue i'm mentally juggling is whether this season will be like last in terms of how much skiing i can get to in CT.

Greg

Staff member
i like simple logic and that is essentially my thought process.. was last year's ticket worth it , YES, without a doubt. the issue i'm mentally juggling is whether this season will be like last in terms of how much skiing i can get to in CT.

This season will be epic. You heard it here first. ;)

SkiDork

Nice to read a comment that isn't along the lines of Sundown being a lame molehill or something...

It would be a great place for Iceman to dial in some mogul practice when you can't get up to K-Mart, but you guys are there pretty much every weekend anyway, right? That's something to be envious of too.

I was looking at ski areas in southwest CT and/or southeast NY and looks like Thunder Ridge is promising. My thought is to move somewhere thats close to a feeder hill in order to night ski a few days a week and still be able to commute to lower manhattan (plus make the drive to Killington shorter)

Greg

Staff member
I was looking at ski areas in southwest CT and/or southeast NY and looks like Thunder Ridge is promising. My thought is to move somewhere thats close to a feeder hill in order to night ski a few days a week and still be able to commute to lower manhattan (plus make the drive to Killington shorter)

Somewhere near the 684/84 merge would put you sorta equi-distant between Sundown and Manhattan. Still probably a helluva commute to work with traffic and still an hour+ to Sundown, but doable, and it certainly positions you much closer to Killington. Iceman can head up Sundown's mogul squad. :lol:

SkiDork

Somewhere near the 684/84 merge would put you sorta equi-distant between Sundown and Manhattan. Still probably a helluva commute to work with traffic and still an hour+ to Sundown, but doable, and it certainly positions you much closer to Killington. Iceman can head up Sundown's mogul squad. :lol:

I was looking at Brewster - train ride to Grand Central from there seems to be about 1:15 or so. Not that bad. Anyone know anything about that town?

Greg

Staff member
I was looking at Brewster - train ride to Grand Central from there seems to be about 1:15 or so. Not that bad. Anyone know anything about that town?

180 lives in Mahopac and JimG. in Hopewell Junction. They could probably give feedback on the area.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

My aunt lives in Danbury, CT, which is about 15 min away from there. I took the train to NYC out of Brewster once and it was okay... though driving another 15 min down 684 to Katonah equals a cheaper ride and a safer place to park, IMHO. Katonah is REALLY nice but also very spendy. Train ride from there into Grand Central was about 1 hour. SOMEDAY if I end up going into a different field than teaching, that's likely the area where we'll have to live. Don't want to be too close to the city/too far from our families and that seems like a good compromise (I'm talking the Danbury/Brewster area).