• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Super Hydrophobic spray at Home Depot

bobbutts

Looks pretty amazing

besides the obvious applications of waterproofing clothing and whatnot, I wonder what would happen if you spray this on the bottom of the skis, how about on water skis or a kayak?

SIKSKIER

Really cool.So if I'm really drunk some night and pee my pants,it won't show but will go right to the floor.I see lots of applications for this.

Cannonball

Has anybody tried this?

The video makes it look pretty amazing for treating clothing and I think we can all imagine the possibilities for ski clothes. BUT the product itself says "Not intended to be applied to electronic devices or clothing".

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Has anybody tried this?

The video makes it look pretty amazing for treating clothing and I think we can all imagine the possibilities for ski clothes. BUT the product itself says "Not intended to be applied to electronic devices or clothing".

I saw it on display at the Depot over the weekend. There is also a video on you tube of them using it on an iphone but I can't find it at the moment. Found it now:

http://m.intomobile.com/2011/11/21/iphone-survives-30-minutes-underwater-neverwet-coating/

Last edited:

bigbog

Your guess is as good as mine bobbutts,
Probably best to find out if it is molecularly friendly with the outer layer(s) of material in the kayak/canoe/boat hull though... ..But I bet the newer Polyethylines(or whatever hull materials) are undoubtedly better than the layers of older Royalex.