• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The idiots were out this week!!!!!

bvibert

Staff member
i know its a pita but when these people stop showing up, ski areas pack it in. I got cut off at least 6 or 7 times over the weekend, and while it sucks, at least we aren't out there alone. once the paying customer stops showing, hills close regardless of how much snow is left.

Sad, but true. I'll gladly deal with a few morons from time to time if it means my local hill will stay open later.

jaywbigred

What gest me about the "safety bar down immediately" crowd is that they are often the ones who will raise the safety bar long before reaching the unloading platform. You couldn't wait to get the bar down when you're six inches off the ground, and now that you're in what is usually the windiest part of the lift ride, you can't wait to get it up? :blink:

This is very true, and I was JUST thinking the same thing this weekend at Camelback!

However, that being said, I have no problem with a bar being put down very early. The earlier the better, I dont mind being hit in the helmet every now and then, it wakes me up and prevents scenes like this:
Park_City_2007_026.jpg

drjeff

This is very true, and I was JUST thinking the same thing this weekend at Camelback!

However, that being said, I have no problem with a bar being put down very early. The earlier the better, I dont mind being hit in the helmet every now and then, it wakes me up and prevents scenes like this:
Park_City_2007_026.jpg

Ah yes, the "hanger" on Deer Valley's Silver Lake Express 2 years ago

By cut off..do you mean blindsided or someone cutting right in front of you...I always pass people with alot of room..but Ski Patrol was not doing their job..