• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The idiots were out this week!!!!!

Puck it

I skied Sunapee on Thursday and every run my buddy and I were getting cut off by people. We even got cut off by the same guy on four consecutive runs. WTF.

Yesterday, skiing Ragged, there was more of the same. People falling off of the load. I got hit in the head three times in the helmet with the bar. They were trying to put the bar down before the chair had grabbed the cable fully. WTF.

Just venting.:flame:

People is not rocket science getting on a chairlift!!!!:dunce:

Last edited:

powbmps

Sorry Puck it, that was me :oops:...............

well I hope not, but I was at Sunapee Thursday for a couple hours (1:00-3:00).

Puck it

I left at about 1. My buddy had a meeting to get too in Salem, NH. It continued with the ride home and the drivers.

The one guy that cut me off at Sunapee and bought the farm was a guy the weighed about 350lbs and did not even realize that he cut me off and caused me to bite it on a compression that I did not see because I was paying attention to what he was going to do next.

RENO

I got hit in the head three times in the helmet with the bar. They were trying to put the bar down before the chair had grabbed the cable fully. WTF.
I hate when that happens! You get no warning. Just slam it down on your head. Even while you're still sliding onto the chair. I have more scratches on my helmet from that then anything else! :???:

roark

Hit the free hour at okemo Sat, leaving at 9:15 was like going the wrong way at a concert. Glad I wasn't there any longer. What a clusterF.

KevinF

Hit the free hour at okemo Sat, leaving at 9:15 was like going the wrong way at a concert. Glad I wasn't there any longer. What a clusterF.

LOL. I spent most of Saturday at Okemo. Anything that started out the day as a groomer was insane in the morning. I spent the entire morning lapping the two bumps runs over on the Jackson Gore side. Once the clouds rolled in in the afternoon, it seemed like the crowds dropped. I made my way over to the South Face in the afternoon and the lift over there was just "ski on".

Edd

That bar hitting the helmet happens to me alot. People push the panic button the second their ass hits the seat, like they're riding a roller coaster at Six Flags.

jack97

bar hitting the helmet happens to me bretton woods. Basically a big easy mountain with draws alot of noobs. Get on the lift and the bar comes down, no time to move the tush around to get comfy.

btw, during Feb vacation, daughter and I were skiing or lapping sunbowl at sunapee. I got hit from behind twice, both fit the regular demographic, young and male. Once heading back to the bowl quad lift and the second was last run after the small bump section at chipmunk. In both cases, I was glad I wore my helmet especially the last one, I landed on the back of my head rather hard.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
btw, during Feb vacation, daughter and I were skiing or lapping sunbowl at sunapee. I got hit from behind twice, both fit the regular demographic, young and male.

most of the time that demographic doesn't want the bar down when I'm around. They kinda give me the "you wimp" look.

KevinF

People push the panic button the second their ass hits the seat, like they're riding a roller coaster at Six Flags.

What gest me about the "safety bar down immediately" crowd is that they are often the ones who will raise the safety bar long before reaching the unloading platform. You couldn't wait to get the bar down when you're six inches off the ground, and now that you're in what is usually the windiest part of the lift ride, you can't wait to get it up? :blink:

loafer89

My son and I had a very unpleasant experience at Mount Snow this afternoon. We where trying to get in our last run in at Carinthia when chaos ensued. The lifty yelled out that they where going to be closing down the lift shortly and that anyone who needed to get back to the main part of Mount Snow should get on the lift ASAP.

A mad dash free for all ensued and my son and I where nearly knocked down while waiting in line close to boarding the Nitro Express. To make matter's worse a snowball fight ensued with snow flying everywhere and no sort of lift or mountain personell to be found. This was not soft snow, but corn snow with chunks of ice in it.

After enduring this for about 5 minutes a lifty emerged and got pelted with a snowball. The lift was stopped and the lift operator told everyone on line to "go home" since it was now past 4:00pm:blink::blink::blink::blink:. By this point I was about four rows back from boarding the lift.

They closed the lift line to new people boarding just a few rows behind us as "punishment" to the unruly crowd and restarted the lift allowing for a last run, finally.

honestly in nearly 30 years of skiing I have never seen such stupidity among skiers/riders.

drjeff

My son and I had a very unpleasant experience at Mount Snow this afternoon. We where trying to get in our last run in at Carinthia when chaos ensued. The lifty yelled out that they where going to be closing down the lift shortly and that anyone who needed to get back to the main part of Mount Snow should get on the lift ASAP.

A mad dash free for all ensued and my son and I where nearly knocked down while waiting in line close to boarding the Nitro Express. To make matter's worse a snowball fight ensued with snow flying everywhere and no sort of lift or mountain personell to be found. This was not soft snow, but corn snow with chunks of ice in it.

After enduring this for about 5 minutes a lifty emerged and got pelted with a snowball. The lift was stopped and the lift operator told everyone on line to "go home" since it was now past 4:00pm:blink::blink::blink::blink:. By this point I was about four rows back from boarding the lift.

They closed the lift line to new people boarding just a few rows behind us as "punishment" to the unruly crowd and restarted the lift allowing for a last run, finally.

honestly in nearly 30 years of skiing I have never seen such stupidity among skiers/riders.

Sorry for your experience there today Loafer. I will say that day in and day out, the biggest complaint I have with what Mount Snow did with Carinthia this year, is LACK of control over that liftline from time to time. I will cut and paste this to Moutn Snow's passholders website where I'm quite sure that the General Manager, The Head of Mountain Ops and the head of the Ambassdor Program will read it in the next day or 2.

loafer89

Sorry for your experience there today Loafer. I will say that day in and day out, the biggest complaint I have with what Mount Snow did with Carinthia this year, is LACK of control over that liftline from time to time. I will cut and paste this to Moutn Snow's passholders website where I'm quite sure that the General Manager, The Head of Mountain Ops and the head of the Ambassdor Program will read it in the next day or 2.

I thought of doing this also, but I am not the kind to complain, just rather stay quiet and never return and take the experience at heart. Mount Snow makes up about 2% of my season total of days.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
With the warm weather and heavy snow it looks like alot of people have packed it in. Camelback was only moderately crowded Saturday and really empty Sunday. I thought the skiing was great though.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

That will make it even more likely GSS will be nabbed again. More stakeouts, fewer victims.

Hey, GSS, I wonder if their tenor would change if you sported a very obvious helmet cam???

2knees

i know its a pita but when these people stop showing up, ski areas pack it in. I got cut off at least 6 or 7 times over the weekend, and while it sucks, at least we aren't out there alone. once the paying customer stops showing, hills close regardless of how much snow is left.