• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The John Egan Experience

deadheadskier

Staff member
I found short lessons ineffective.

When a new movement is introduced, it would change at the minimum the timing of the rest of related movement. Or a lot more also need to change to make the new movement effective. I’m not a natural like some here. I don’t always settle on the most effective end movement. Having the instructor taking me to different terrain and being there to provide feedback and fine tuning the complete movement is invaluable.

Without the follow up guided practice and feedback, I simply end up with a different but not necessary better movement.

In fact, my personal preference is multiple day clinics.

Or follow Dan Egan? ;)
I've seen Dan ski. There are people on this forum including those two I listed who ski just as well, if not better than Dan. Cost = $0

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

If I could swing the price, I would absolutely love to spend the day with John Egan. I've seen him ski and he's amazing (not sure how he compares to his brother Dan though and can't comment on Dan's abilities). I think spending time with John would be a very valuable and memorable experience. Other than the full day price, you can also just spend 2 hours (or 3 hours) with him. Those prices aren't that much higher than what Sugarbush charges for a private lesson. I doubt I'd be able to keep up with him for a full day anyway!

kingslug

Wonder if it would even be worth it considering i dont have much tree time under my belt. And thats what ide be going for. Next season going to spend more time in the wood..hopefully not tree hugging..