• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The John Egan Experience

kingslug

Been thinking about this when i read about it on SBs site. Hire John Egan for a day..big money..around 700 bucks but..talk about the best instructor in the east..or anywhere for that matter..and its not much more than any private lesson..maybe next season so i have a full season to work on whatever i get out of it. Really want to ramp it up..while i still can.
Its funny..i met him in the airport going to Chille this August..didnt recognize him..met him again at the airport home after the trip..then saw him at a Miller film opening..he introduced the film..my wife and i just looked at each other..isnt that the guy..yeah..thats the guy..

tumbler

Its awesome. I got a half day with him for a present and it was worth every dollar. If he is availible I would do it now while everything is game because he will take you everywhere.

mikec142

I think about this all the time...it's not that much more expensive than a private lesson. Not this year, cuz, like you, I want to work on what I learn. But next year for sure.

Scruffy

I took a clinic a few years ago with Dan Egan, I thought it was worth it; in fact I'd like to take another with him in Big Sky if I can swing it. I was in the expert group, so not a lot of instruction was needed, but he gave us some tips and I think about those tips and have used them all the time since. I say go for it now-this year if you can do it. The snow is good right now, and you don't know what next year will bring, for snow or your health, the economoy, or John's health or where he'll be for that matter. Ski It Now!

tumbler

The instruction is not as technical as an instructor lesson but he will give great tips here and there and discuss skiing as a whole- kinda zen-like. Following him and trying to do what he does is a huge part of it and he's a fun guy to hang out with.

Hawk

John is a regular guy with very little ego. He is very approachable here at Sugarbush and is always around skiing with clients and friends. If you join the Bush Pilots which is a program on Saturdays from December to March (10 to 2) you get instruction from him, Parky, Dean Decus and others from the Vermont North team every week. It is only a few hundred more for the whole Program. I have had the pleasure of skiing with him on many run over the years and also Downhill mountain biking which he is just as talented at. Good man.

HowieT2

John is a regular guy with very little ego. He is very approachable here at Sugarbush and is always around skiing with clients and friends. If you join the Bush Pilots which is a program on Saturdays from December to March (10 to 2) you get instruction from him, Parky, Dean Decus and others from the Vermont North team every week. It is only a few hundred more for the whole Program. I have had the pleasure of skiing with him on many run over the years and also Downhill mountain biking which he is just as talented at. Good man.

the skiing goes without saying but he's a blast to bike with also.

KustyTheKlown

the cost of my season pass = the cost of skiing with john egan for 1 day? no thank you. if I'm ever lucky enough to catch some random runs with him at sugarbush, great. but paying for that sort of thing is real rich people stuff, not my style at all.

WinS

Ill check it out next season for sure
We are really fortunate to have John on our team. He has given me and my family some great tips over the years and always fun to ski and be with. And you should see his boys ski too.

bdfreetuna

don't really see the attraction of lessons with a semi famous good skier for $700 when I can take lessons with an unfamous guy who's still a lot better than me for $150

I'm sure it's a great lesson and all..

kingslug

Its all just part of this little experience we call skiing. Overall there arent many people who do what we do..most are pretty miserable in winter. I was asked once where in life has skiing in sub zero temps got me. Well..how bout all over the world..met really cool and interesting people..done things most dont..things like that.
Ive met ski film stars..olympic teams..got literaly knocked over by the Austrian team..big dudes..climbed big mountains..skiing with John Egan..well that would be very cool...

Scruffy

the cost of my season pass = the cost of skiing with john egan for 1 day? no thank you. if I'm ever lucky enough to catch some random runs with him at sugarbush, great. but paying for that sort of thing is real rich people stuff, not my style at all.

:spin: Says the guy who lives in Brooklyn, NY, and has a car there, and skis, and takes trips out west, and is a lawyer, if I'm not mistaken. :lol:
You qualify.

Scruffy

Its all just part of this little experience we call skiing. Overall there arent many people who do what we do..most are pretty miserable in winter. I was asked once where in life has skiing in sub zero temps got me. Well..how bout all over the world..met really cool and interesting people..done things most dont..things like that.
Ive met ski film stars..olympic teams..got literaly knocked over by the Austrian team..big dudes..climbed big mountains..skiing with John Egan..well that would be very cool...

Certainly better than sitting on a couch and slowly dieing. You only go around once; grab all the gusto you can while you're here and able-that's what I say.