• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The most dreaded thread of the year.... The Closing thread......

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
It does not look cold enough for much snow. There is a brief window, but potential r&#n between Wed afternoon - Fri evening is not good. Even accumulation looks low like 1 or 2 inches. But you never know!

I think you're looking at lower elevation forecasts. NOAA Killington at 1300 feet shows an inch of snow and lots of rain while NOAA Killington 3,400 feet shows 6" with more snow still falling its just the snowfall predictions don't go out far enough to capture the final 12 hours of the storm.

dblskifanatic

I think you're looking at lower elevation forecasts. NOAA Killington at 1300 feet shows an inch of snow and lots of rain while NOAA Killington 3,400 feet shows 6" with more snow still falling its just the snowfall predictions don't go out far enough to capture the final 12 hours of the storm.

Yes you are right!

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
As always, every Spring, thanks for keeping the stats.

Might be over sooner than later this season but you never know.

Thanks. Crazy times. Unfortunately I'm already at the point where it doesn't take long to do the rounds on who's still open.

From 32 last weekend to 10... still some aiming (hoping) for May.

Meltdown – Eastern Closing Thread 2021 – Part 3

Last edited:

dblskifanatic

Thanks. Crazy times. Unfortunately I'm already at the point where it doesn't take long to do the rounds on who's still open.

From 32 last weekend to 10... still some aiming (hoping) for May.

Meltdown – Eastern Closing Thread 2021 – Part 3

Nice analysis! Interesting from year to year.

ss20

Killington with 8" so far with rope drops already on higher terrain per the report.

Lots more snow coming. Going to crack over a foot EASY, probably by the afternoon report as a heavy band is about to swing through per the radar. NOAA last night was saying the chance of snow getting below the 50% chance mark at roughly 9pm tonight, now it's above 50% til 1am.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Latest on closing dates...

Down to 6; 2 definitely stopping this weekend.

Freeze Frame – Eastern Closing Thread 2021 – Part 4

ScottySkis

Sugarloaf last day today

"The last day of ski season is always bittersweet, but you better believe the the hype is high. #theloaf"

Zand

Planning on heading up next Sunday. Still looks decent on the webcam and this week will be cool, but who knows what it will look like on Memorial Day in 3 weeks. Unlikely is probably a good word but if it stays cool all month then never say never.

ss20

I'll be up next Friday. Next weekend is near-certain but any weekend following that would be tough. That said, as you pointed out it's supposed to get cold with temps right around freezing most nights.

ss20

I'll be there Friday for my last northeast ski day for a while. I'll be solo. Black/white skinny Dynastars and black/green nordica boots. Multi-color mask that pulls down over my face and is attached to my helmet via clips I superglued on.

But if you just look for someone swearing at/flailing in the moguls chances are it's me :LOL:

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
One more weekend... how many more?

How much longer May we ski? Eastern Closing Thread 2021 – Part 7

skiur

I'd be highly surprised if Killington reopens next weekend. Lots of sun and temps in the 60's and 70's in the next 7 days.