• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The new 6-pack replacing the Bonnie at Jay Peak is on its way

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
That's right. Honestly though you could probably get new carriers for the Jet and just leave the Bonnie alone (or move the base terminal up the slope). If it ain't broke....

Probably have to change out the drive on the Jet as well. That drive likely isn't powerful enough for the added weight of quad chairs and passengers.

gregnye

I'm actually surprised the guy who did that report didn't get any photos like that. It looks really awesome!

Yah unfortunately the new crossing under the tram of the 6-pack will not be as dramatic. It will also make Can-Am look more like a wasteland than it is, not being directly under the chair.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
This just in...
Jay Peaks plans for the Doppelmayr "Power Line" HS6 lift and removal of the Bonneventure quad have been released on the Act 250 site. The new HS6 will have 19 towers and two terminals.

Overlaid in Google Earth:
The Power Line lift will run up the Powerline trail and end under the Face Chute.
GE_Powerline6_Base2.jpg

The yet to be built Stateside Lodge/Hotel is the brown building. The green building is the chair storage barn. The current Stateside lodge (to be town down) is visible in the aerial imagery under the far end of the new lodge. The Bonneventure chair base terminal is under the near side of the new lodge.
GE_Powerline6_Base.jpg

From the Sky House:
GE_Powerline6_Summit-fromSkyHaus.jpg

Roughly the view from the Tram as it passes over. The bank cut between the Face Chute and the lift terminal is going to be pretty substantial, like 30-36 feet tall (the dark area behind the terminal is created by 18 tighly spaced 2ft contours on the plan):
GE_Powerline6_Summit-fromTram.jpg

From the Bonneventure terminal:
GE_Powerline6_Summit-fromBonne.jpg

Last edited:

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
This just in...
Jay Peaks plans for the Doppelmayr "Power Line" HS6 lift and removal of the Bonneventure quad have been released on the Act 250 site. The new HS6 will have 19 towers and two terminals.

Overlaid in Google Earth:
The Power Line lift will run up the Powerline trail and end under the Face Chute.

The yet to be built Stateside Lodge/Hotel is the brown building. The green building is the chair storage barn. The current Stateside lodge (to be town down) is visible in the aerial imagery under the far end of the new lodge. The Bonneventure chair base terminal is under the near side of the new lodge.

From the Sky House:

Roughly the view from the Tram as it passes over. The bank cut between the Face Chute and the lift terminal is going to be pretty substantial, like 30-36 feet tall (the dark area behind the terminal is created by 18 tighly spaced 2ft contours on the plan):

From the Bonneventure terminal:

Neat. Has it officially been announced?

gregnye

They had better build it really low to the ground-----I want to this to be a "No-windhold six-pack" (I am probably hoping for way too much)

I still believe they should keep the old Bonnie as backup (at least for a year--so they can see how reliable the new lift actually is and decide whether they need a backup lift most of the time or not). Resorts out west do this (like Steamboat)

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I still believe they should keep the old Bonnie as backup (at least for a year--so they can see how reliable the new lift actually is and decide whether they need a backup lift most of the time or not). Resorts out west do this (like Steamboat)

They can't keep it and stay on their construction schedule. The Bonnie has to be removed before they can build the new Hotel/Lodge at Stateside.

Unless they integrate the lift into the building. :idea:

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
They had better build it really low to the ground-----I want to this to be a "No-windhold six-pack" (I am probably hoping for way too much)

I think the new six-pack will be built on the same line as the current Bonnie is so it would not be possible for them both to exist. Not 100% certain, but it seems this way.

gregnye

I think the new six-pack will be built on the same line as the current Bonnie is so it would not be possible for them both to exist. Not 100% certain, but it seems this way.

Isn't it going up Power-line though (next trail over)? Not lift line (where the current Bonnie quad is)!?? I thought that was the whole point!

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com

The Power Line HS6 is going to be built on a new (actually an old line from back in the 60's(?)) that has been home to an actual powerline.

The green bracketed area you see running up to the ridge on the right is the current Bonneventure lift line. The new Power Line has the purple line in it. The two do not intersect (other than the chair barn).
GE_Powerline6_Base2.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member

thetrailboss

Staff member
Isn't it going up Power-line though (next trail over)? Not lift line (where the current Bonnie quad is)!?? I thought that was the whole point!

Yeah, as said, the new lift is going to go up the Power Line. Just move the base of the Bonnie up the hill a little bit and you can leave it...for now...

BigJay

They already widened the power line this year... you can see how wide it is if you had recent photos compare to previous years.