• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tuckerman Ravine

Puck it

what a friggin' douchebag..

Pot meet kettle!!!!!

Insert obligatory large pic here

Tuckerman_Ravine_Stevage.jpg

Last edited:

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
And your cowbell.DMC had given you great advice on the use of crampons but he mentioned kicksteps are probably all that is needed.Which got me thinking about snowboard boots.DMC,given the firm conditions of late,are you able to set booters effectively with those boots vs a rigid alpine/at boot?

I tucks in the spring it probably won't matter. There are so many people up there, the boot ladders will already be set all over the place. You just have to follow instead of making your own path.

As far as the pic size these were ones I put out on the web for Google Earth and I wanted to keep them large.

dmc

And your cowbell.DMC had given you great advice on the use of crampons but he mentioned kicksteps are probably all that is needed.Which got me thinking about snowboard boots.DMC,given the firm conditions of late,are you able to set booters effectively with those boots vs a rigid alpine/at boot?

It's tougher to kick steps in snowboard boots...

I love to lead climbs but i normally have a skier lead to kick steps.

I only lead climbs with crampons.. I did a climb up Left Gully a while ago with no crampons and at the top everything got shaded and the kick steps were BARELY enough for my toes - it was pretty frightening..

dmc

I tucks in the spring it probably won't matter. There are so many people up there, the boot ladders will already be set all over the place.

True - but higher up in the Left Gully where the shade hits it can get dicey..

Othewise it's normally sloppy big boot steps...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I only went once to Tucks and it was in the very, very late spring. Full hike up & down (no skiing down). I honestly didn't bring much besides water, a sandwhich, a camera, and my skis, boots, and poles.

dmc

I am sorry I forgot to resize this for dmt's mobile viewing pleasure!!

Now, that is big.

Don't you think people are sick and tired of your attacks on me?
Can you just relax and stop being a tool?