• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

abc

Does anyone tried ski/ride while under the influence of marijuana? How's it like?

(I mean, this is a ski forum after all. The only relevance of marijuana is when it's combined with skiing!)

snoseek

Does anyone tried ski/ride while under the influence of marijuana? How's it like?

(I mean, this is a ski forum after all. The only relevance of marijuana is when it's combined with skiing!)
Every single day I ski and it's fine. I dont get super high...just a few pokes throughout the day. If you dont often smoke then it could be a disaster lol.

Smellytele

Every single day I ski and it's fine. I dont get super high...just a few pokes throughout the day. If you dont often smoke then it could be a disaster lol.
I like it when it is the only thing you have to think about. Multitasking is not great but it does help when you only have to focus on one thing / skiing, darts, etc.

snoseek

Well, "fine" isn't quite the answer I was expecting. Does it enhance the experience? ;) Significantly? Considerably? Can't tell the difference?
For skiing it's like having a cup of coffee in the morning. Overall it helps me focus as stated above but doesn't add all THAT much.

It also slows me down a bit and get more creative the the path down

snoseek

I take a few pulls in the morning to take the edge off. Similar to having a beer or 2 at lunch. Skiing trashed is not fun regardless if substances
2 points of heavy beer would mess me up alot more than a couple puffs. I do like the 1130 parking lot beer but slow it down quite a bit after. It probably brings nothing to the table for me but beer is good

ScottySkis

Yes like over 60% of snow boarders and skiers due it all tim e

Edd

From the article:

“People who weren’t for it had some pretty compelling reasons why (marijuana) shouldn’t be allowed,” Wadey said. Arguments against allowing retail sales in town included a desire to keep Vail ‘classy’ and the belief that the town might lose more customers than it would gain if retail sales were allowed. Wadey said other comments encouraged town officials to not simply follow the example set by other resort towns.”

I‘d like to hear the compelling arguments, because they’re not included in the paragraph. I really see no point in banning it. Waste of energy.

slatham

Skiing is a high I don't often cross with other forms. Especially if skiing fast and/or technical steeps/trees, which I try to do every time I ski.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wonder what the "major" snowmaking upgrades are. The most major upgrade they could do is hire the actual staff needed to operate what they have

thebigo

I have no idea what they are doing but the ability to hit lynx top to bottom, rather than in sections, would constitute a major upgrade.