• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

chuckstah

$9 for a Great North Moose Juice at the summit of Sunapee yesterday. First $$ spent with Vail excluding pass in years. Technically my ski buddy bought that round, and I got the apres round down the street, so still no money out of my pocket to Vail. Sometimes a beer is required on a perfect spring skiing day 🍺🍺

zyk

$11.25 for a Fiddlehead at the new K1 lodge. I like Fiddlehead, but I almost gave it back and said no thanks I'm good.
What's with the .25? Slinging beer at events for years and would not want to deal with that. Also... For Fiddlehead. Granted hard to think of a beer for which I would pay that.

zyk

Gunstock has the water fillers, but you have to bring your own vessel.

They charge 55 cents for an empty cup!!. I bet that paper cup cost them a penny. And you're tying up a cashier for a transaction making the check out line longer for people buying food.

Seems dumb. Just put a stack of cups next to the water fillers. Resorts should be encouraging hydration not viewing water as a profit center.
Many events we gave out free bottled water. Dumped in horse troughs full of ice. Maybe not environmentally friendly but it kept people hydrated. People tend to drink more water if they don't have to pay a premium for it.

chuckstah

What's with the .25? Slinging beer at events for years and would not want to deal with that. Also... For Fiddlehead. Granted hard to think of a beer for which I would pay that.
Cashless at K. Also, VT seems to add tax to everything so maybe it comes out to an even number...

RH29

That new K base lodge is a joke...the most obscene pricing I've ever seen at a mountain. I suppose a fool and his money are easily parted.

skiur

That new K base lodge is a joke...the most obscene pricing I've ever seen at a mountain. I suppose a fool and his money are easily parted.

I generally stick to the bay 1 bar unless it's extremely cold/windy. Prices are the same at the peak, but other lodges are generally a dollar or two cheaper. People complaining that the pricing is ridiculous must not ever go out in NYC or go to a professional sports event.

jimmywilson69

It was expensive but I was on vacation. The food was pretty good a significant improvement over the previous lodge. I wouldn't regularly spend that kind of money if I was a "regular" visitor.

and yes I assume that it was tax that drove the price of the Fiddlehead up to 11.25

thebigo

13 Euro for one liter in the tent last year at Oktoberfest, best draft beer value on the planet.

Attachments

• 20220923_191229.jpg
    20220923_191229.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

KustyTheKlown

I’m at 48 days so far and the only time I’ve set foot in the lodge is to take a dump…Vails most hated type of customer

the only thing i have bought from ski areas this year is a daily large coffee on my way back to the car at the end of the day

at jackson i got fucked into buying poles and goggles at the base area shop. freak accidents.

2Planker

WC had a lil cult party in the lot yesterday.

Solo pit, FREE BEER, HOT DOGS and more from a Subie w/ Maine plates.
Not one sign of security or JPD

LuckyStrike

the only thing i have bought from ski areas this year is a daily large coffee on my way back to the car at the end of the day

at jackson i got fucked into buying poles and goggles at the base area shop. freak accidents.
Were the prices outrageous?

2Planker

Cat never spun today due to Wind Hold. Crazy gusts in the notch.

AT closed the AT side for the season today. Tons of good terrain coverage still,left... LAME VAIL
Bear Peak only next Sat/Sun

Cat goes till 4/16

thetrailboss

Staff member
Cat never spun today due to Wind Hold. Crazy gusts in the notch.

AT closed the AT side for the season today. Tons of good terrain coverage still,left... LAME VAIL
Bear Peak only next Sat/Sun

Cat goes till 4/16
Wait, Attitash proper is closed but Bear Peak continues? Isn't that backwards in terms of facilities and amount of terrain? Are they doing that to start removing the triple?