• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

LoafSkier19

Maybe to get a head start on dismantling the triple? Similar to what Sunday River is doing with spring operations

Smellytele

Hey just a reminder when it's 70 degrees next week, everyone is pushing slop at mount snow that wildcat won't be spinning lifts up high. Good move vail...pander to the city fuck common sense
And if it is just pass holders who cares which place you open…
Might as well open the place that actually has good conditions.

RH29

Bizarre that they push Mount Snow late season. Right now (Saturday 4/8) theyre only running three real lifts (Bluebird/Nitro/Challenger) with 3-5 minute lines. 41 trails. Okemo has 14/20 lifts and 117/126 trails. Glades Peak Quad is pulling the disappearing act that Lookout at Stowe was a few weeks ago.

hovercraft

There would be no reason to run the lookout double @ stowe. Complete waste of resources……..

doublediamond

RH29 is referring to that Glades has been removed from the snow report. Vail was doing this. Peter at LiftBlog called them out asking if the missing lifts were being removed this summer. PR replied that no they are just “out of operating season and so taken off the reports” and they were immediately put back on. Either Vail is trying for round 2 or Okemo never got the memo. It’s to make them look more open than they are.

In other VailSucks news, Okemo pushing the Bull was open for apres ski yesterday. Get there before lifts close and the hostess met my group saying that they are closed early for an employee party. Couldn’t even bother to post a sign when they opened at 11 that they had limited hours. Lost money from my group especially as we skipped lunch to have early food apres. Penny wise and poundfoolish still.

Edd

RH29 is referring to that Glades has been removed from the snow report. Vail was doing this. Peter at LiftBlog called them out asking if the missing lifts were being removed this summer. PR replied that no they are just “out of operating season and so taken off the reports” and they were immediately put back on. Either Vail is trying for round 2 or Okemo never got the memo. It’s to make them look more open than they are.

In other VailSucks news, Okemo pushing the Bull was open for apres ski yesterday. Get there before lifts close and the hostess met my group saying that they are closed early for an employee party. Couldn’t even bother to post a sign when they opened at 11 that they had limited hours. Lost money from my group especially as we skipped lunch to have early food apres. Penny wise and poundfoolish still.
Vail’s hostility towards F&B is bewildering.

RH29

They've doubled down, now the snow report/epicmix app claims that Stowe has four lifts in total. They've also tagged Lookout as an orange "Back-up lift".

Sunburst Six at Okemo also got the gray tag and is off the snow report...Vail has the most horribly incompetent IT of any company I've ever seen.

drjeff

Okemo not sucking this morning, even with basically just the Sunburst 6 running.. Full on corn harvest thus far!20230410_110021.jpg

djd66

cdskier

The tech makes a lot of sense - as it will stop people (or make it more difficult) for people to share a pass - as I am not giving you my phone so you can ski free on my pass. I'm sure there will be plenty of technical issues when it first rolls out.

Whether it makes it more difficult or actually easier to share a pass depends on their implementation and security. In the past you would have had to physically give someone your card. Now theoretically they just need to login to the app with your username/password so you can be hundreds of miles away and let someone use your pass. Of course if Vail is smart enough they could look for a single account logging into different devices. I'm assuming they would have some sort of restriction on only allowing 1 account to be logged into 1 device at a time...but who knows. Their IT isn't the greatest as we've already seen. And then there's still the in-person validation of the user that the people scanning are supposed to do.

ThatGuy

At Stowe they’ll ask your name to verify and are pretty diligent with scanning…at Mount Snow they have three+ people shooting the scan-guns in all directions like a scene from a Tarantino movie and don’t even bother looking most of the time
If you were to skin up you could ride North Face all day without a single scan

cdskier

At Stowe they’ll ask your name to verify and are pretty diligent with scanning…at Mount Snow they have three+ people shooting the scan-guns in all directions like a scene from a Tarantino movie and don’t even bother looking most of the time
If you were to skin up you could ride North Face all day without a single scan

The day I was at Stowe one time the person scanning asked "are you so and so?" Unless they're randomly making up different names hoping to catch someone off-guard, that's not too effective. Any other time they said my name it was in the context of simply "Hi so and so" or "enjoy your run so and so". Most times at the Four Runner they didn't even say anything at all or maybe just a "you're good" or "I got you".