• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

BenedictGomez

That’s like 1/2 the price of the seasonal programs at sugarbush. It’s been a while for me, but we always had to pay for the program well in advance to ensure our kids each got a spot.

how many days of skiing does your kid get with the group?

10 days. 8:45am - 2:45pm. Lunch included. This is for 5 & 6 year olds.

Dont know how that stacks up to other places, but it sounds pretty reasonable to me for the price I mentioned. It's a helluva lot cheaper than what they charge the tourist kids that's for sure.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

From a logistics standpoint, aside from putting some $$ in their coiffures earlier, it does give them a feel as to what the demand for next season may be like, so they can start planning for how many instructors are returning for next season vs how many they may need to recruit and how that will, or won't affect how many spaces will be available in those programs

While that sounds reasonable, that's not the case in this instance, because at Park City for these local kids programs demand far outstrips supply. Pretty much every family living here skis. So to get your kid in it's like U2 tickets on Ticketmaster, be online at 10am the day they go onsale. So Vail could run more of these affordable programs for local kids, but they choose not to.

Frankly the fact these local kid's programs exist at all is probably solely for PR reasons, because Vail could make more just charging an arm-and-a-leg to kids from Chicago, San Fran, and wherever-the-hell-else.

Last edited:

thebigo

$1600 is expensive for saturdays only, think we paid half that for a saturday only program last year. A typical full season all mountain program for the u8 age group in NH is around $1500, for that price they meet every saturday/sunday plus holidays from thanksgiving through the end of march. I am not aware of any youth programs that include lunch.

drjeff

$1600 is expensive for saturdays only, think we paid half that for a saturday only program last year. A typical full season all mountain program for the u8 age group in NH is around $1500, for that price they meet every saturday/sunday plus holidays from thanksgiving through the end of march. I am not aware of any youth programs that include lunch.
Thinking back about it, between my 2 kids, who combined probably had around 30 years of seasonal programs (from daycare through alpine competition programs) with my wife and I probably spending 60k or so for those programs (and that doesn't include season passes let alone equipment costs), when we get the chance to ski with our kids and hear them articulate both what skiing means to them and how much of an integral part of their lives it has been, and how much they want to be a part of their lives in the future, it's been worth every penny!

BenedictGomez

$1600 is expensive for saturdays only, think we paid half that for a saturday only program last year.

Hmmmm........ seemed reasonable to me, but I guess I should have known it's actually expensive. Vail Resorts....... Park City...... And this is the "cheapest" option.

Edd

I tried hard to make myself but an Epic (had it in the cart and everything) but couldn’t pull the trigger. Surprised myself. Maybe next year.

If they hadn’t made the deadline the 27th I might’ve caved later.

snoseek

I tried hard to make myself but an Epic (had it in the cart and everything) but couldn’t pull the trigger. Surprised myself. Maybe next year.

If they hadn’t made the deadline the 27th I might’ve caved later.
It's only up to 561 so you're just making excuses to not buy lol. I'm not buying either...maybe a couple day tickets to the cat. Jay/ragged/cannon next winter for a change. I'll be back eventually I'm sure.

Edd

It's only up to 561 so you're just making excuses to not buy lol. I'm not buying either...maybe a couple day tickets to the cat. Jay/ragged/cannon next winter for a change. I'll be back eventually I'm sure.
That's what it was yesterday. Hmmm

thetrailboss

Staff member
It's only up to 561 so you're just making excuses to not buy lol.
"It's an EPIC bargain if you ask me!"

images

Zand

With a few hours to spare I finally bought the Epic Local last night so now I'm officially a member of the Dark Side.

Edd

Northeast Pass is also currently $450, which is the same as yesterday. I didn’t clock the other prices but I wonder if they only increased the price on select passes.

Zand

I can say for certain that the regular pass and Epic Local are still the same today as they have been.

chuckstah

Sales are probably way off and they need to sell more before the increase. I think the stock price may really tank at the next earnings, just speculation.

Edd

I can say for certain that the regular pass and Epic Local are still the same today as they have been.
So that’s 4 of the passes that are the same price after the drop dead price posted for yesterday. Not a sign of a well run company.