• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

Zand

Yeah probably not good news, but at least it could mean shorter lines at Okemo and fewer punches being thrown on Saturdays at Mt Snow. They'll probably find a way to take it out on the NH resorts.

xlr8r

This is typical. Vail usually waits a couple days after the deadline to actually raise the prices. Keeps customers who might have had last minute issues buying the pass happy. Actually good business sense. BY next weekend the prices should go up, but probably only very slightly. Vail doesn't jack up the price much at all until fall.

jaytrem

Yeah probably not good news, but at least it could mean shorter lines at Okemo and fewer punches being thrown on Saturdays at Mt Snow. They'll probably find a way to take it out on the NH resorts.
I hear they going to only use wastewater in NH for snowmaking next year, and I don't mean that wimpy grey water type. You want more snow, drink more beer!

• Haha
Reactions: Edd

drjeff

Prices went up. Northeast Midweek $9 higher. Veterans $12 higher.
Stuart Winchester from the Storm Skiing Journal, posted the price changes that on average went up about 2% for all of the available Epic Pass products.

If tradition holds, those will be the price point from now until around Labor Day, then probably another 2-3% increase if past years are any indication

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Re-upped our 3 Epic Local passes before the increase - as I deem it the best deal in skiing for us - thanks in part to the continuing of the teen price tier for Epic Local

Newpylong

My buddy helped take down the Mountain Coaster at Attitash this week. He said it was a pain in the ass to maintain and run because when it went in in 2012 it was a prototype. He said the zip line is coming down next. He also said they intend to return the Alpine Slide to service next off-season.

machski

My buddy helped take down the Mountain Coaster at Attitash this week. He said it was a pain in the ass to maintain and run because when it went in in 2012 it was a prototype. He said the zip line is coming down next. He also said they intend to return the Alpine Slide to service next off-season.
What lift will they use to service that? Wasn't that the old top notch double?

eatskisleep

If they run the lift for the Alpine Slide that means there is a chance mountain biking comes back too… hmm

thetrailboss

Staff member
I haven't read it but the markets are responding negatively to Vail's quarterly. Down 5% after hours, MTN is trading well below pre-pandemic levels... dividend yield approaching 5%... yikes....
"AND YOU ALL HERE AT ALPINEZONE.COM ARE TO BLAME!!!!!!!!"

m0417_ft_katz_a-8ab08bf0-ae87-4faa-808b-c8bfc0b46207.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
"Hey Wall Street, it's your Golden Boy, Rob here! How about we send you some EPIC love the form of free season passes to put you in the right frame of mind?"

20080606__20080608_K01_BZ08KATZp1.jpg

"Young man, be careful with Wall Street! They destroyed ME and MY SKI EMPIRE back in the day and will do the same to YOU! Just look at what's left of me!"

5cc1f2b317f15.image.jpg

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, GRANDPA AND LET ME DO MY WORK! I WILL SHOW YOU HOW IT IS DONE!!!!!"

20141226__20141228_K6_BZ28REVUKATZp1.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
"I think this is the perfect job for a woman! I am ready to deal with this hands-on!"

maxresdefault.jpg

"GREAT idea! Let me sweeten the deal, Wall Street. An EPIC Pass AND a night with my CEO here!"

921e4db0-1877-59eb-ad99-48e2805cc8b3.jpg

"Has anyone ever told you that you are a fucking pig, Rob?!"

FguA1mHXgAQXA2x

"I LOVE IT when you talk dirty to me!"

3d205b91e0a6e9bd81c309c2fc565801