• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

ThatGuy

Slower next season is fine with me, have my Epic Pass and Mountain Collective so Ill be getting some more great days in Utah no matter what

jaytrem

I may be hitting that up next Tuesday.
Cool, been really enjoying that place ever since they started making bumps once a month. Discount tickets can be purchased at Groupon. Looks like $42 right now. They seem to vary a bit, were $39 last time I checked. And every so often they sell 6 packs for $100 or $129.

djd66

Cool, been really enjoying that place ever since they started making bumps once a month. Discount tickets can be purchased at Groupon. Looks like $42 right now. They seem to vary a bit, were $39 last time I checked. And every so often they sell 6 packs for $100 or $129.
How long do you usually ski for?

jaytrem

The tickets are good for 2 hours. So usually a little over that. They're not picky about kicking you out on time. The same people keep showing up for the bumps, so it's a good social scene.

thetrailboss

Staff member

jaytrem

They have a sale going right now. 1/2 off for individual sessions if you purchase now through 6/21. I will be booking a session for next Tuesday afternoon.
Very nice, enjoy! The mall does have sine cool other stiff also. Some overpriced, some not so bad, especially when on sale.

4aprice

From my understanding the 2 hour limit is really only for the locker. I think it may unlock automatically at that point. They do some scanning of the bracelet but not all the time. Are they posting those mogul dates on the web site Jay?? Wish they opened the thing earlier on weekdays but it is what it is.

jaytrem

From my understanding the 2 hour limit is really only for the locker. I think it may unlock automatically at that point. They do some scanning of the bracelet but not all the time. Are they posting those mogul dates on the web site Jay?? Wish they opened the thing earlier on weekdays but it is what it is.
Yeah, the scanning isn't too frequent most of the time. The next two mogul weekends scheduled are July 5th and August 30th. Both holiday weekends unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if they added another in between. They post the dates on their Facebook and that always ends up on the Bumping Big Snow Facebook group. Would be great meet up with you there one of these days!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Very nice, enjoy! The mall does have sine cool other stiff also. Some overpriced, some not so bad, especially when on sale.

I saw mogul dates on their facebook page I think. one was last weekend, which kind of bumps me out that I'll miss that.

Yeah, the scanning isn't too frequent most of the time. The next two mogul weekends scheduled are July 5th and August 30th. Both holiday weekends unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if they added another in between. They post the dates on their Facebook and that always ends up on the Bumping Big Snow Facebook group. Would be great meet up with you there one of these days!
Folks, please continue the discussion on Big Snow in this new dedicated thread (like Sugarbush). Thanks,

thetrailboss

Staff member

BenedictGomez

Dude, you have been playing the same record for a decade. I know you want to say you are always correct, but for 10 years you've been wrong.

I literally said almost a decade ago that it would take at least a decade or more for the problems to show up in operating results. I literally JUST said in my last comment (repeating that fact) that that is still my belief. Debt bomb is real. Calendar is real. Roll-up companies take a long-time to fail. I still think I'm correct.

What is wrong? Your reading comprehension.

1719030688488.png

BenedictGomez

I agree, but a lot of people don't have the money it takes to get to these places. So they're "stuck" skiing places closer to home. As far as I can tell, most of those places have reasonably priced day tickets. Thus they're not trying to shock people into buying a season pass.

So Cochran, Whaleback, and Shawnee aren't charging $285 a lift ticket due to their benevolent heart & sense of altruistic duty to mankind?

I'm not really sure you've thought this through.

big t rex GIF