• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

kingslug

There was a Big change when she took over.
Much more opened earlier..and yes early season was great but she opened stuff that looked more like what SB opens. I spent more time there last year.

thetrailboss

Staff member
There was a Big change when she took over.
Much more opened earlier..and yes early season was great but she opened stuff that looked more like what SB opens. I spent more time there last year.
"That wasn't her. It was all me. You can thank me, and you're welcome!!!!!"

vailkatz1*900xx3046-1713-0-318.jpg

eatskisleep

Much as we have seen recently with POWDR, Vail too will shed properties. For it is not a matter of it, but when. Hopefully they start with Wildcat.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I imagine that would tank their stock price and be a death spiral.

Not necessarily. Especially selling off a small, underperforming asset like Wildcat.

I mentioned J&J prior. Large multinational companies buy and sell businesses all of the time and the impact on the stock price is short lived.

Now if Vail were forced to sell off a Park City or Whistler; that would be real damaging to their brand and share values.

jimmywilson69

exactly but in the case of Vail the entire reason they keep those places is the locals pad the season pass numbers. Selling Attitash and Wildcat would be a net negative of passholders and therefore potential revenue.

Those places would be better owned by a private entity or a much smaller corporate operation that understands their place in the northeast ski hierarchy

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Likely the exact opposite.
The investing community goes quarter-to-quarter. The spring and summer quarters tend to lose and the stock price routinely falls in these months. Many analysts have sell-recommendations on ski-industry stocks due to long term worries about the effect of climate change, but that's an industry-wide problem - not an "only Vail" issue