• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

dblskifanatic

I think this works better if you live in Colorado Springs. If you're coming from Denver, then it's the nightmare slog up I70. After that, Vail/Beav becomes a bridge too far.

It was faster for us on I 70 actually. But we did have the back route as an alternative. It does take about 15 minutes longer but doable. We generally check waze to see which route is fastest and try to beat that. Like I mentioned we would go to either on days where we knew traffic was lighter.

As far as, an every weekend trip it is tough on I 70.

cdskier

one of my buddies went to WNEC, before they upgraded to WNEU. its in Springfield.
I had a friend that went there as well when it was still WNEC. My brother went there for 1 year too but then transferred to a school in NJ.

skijay

Regarding Vail properties, does anyone have any intel if the bike park at Mount Snow will operate for the Summer of 2021? Usually by now I've received emails about the opening date, operating schedule, and season pass purchase information. I've checked the Mt Snow site and its still in "winter" mode.

skimagic

There's a little bit more to Western New England than a college, there's a language.

Sound patterns historically associated with Western New England English include the features of rhoticity (full pronunciation of all r sounds). Vocabulary features that predominate in Western New England English include grinder for sub (submarine sandwich), and tag sale for garage sale (predominant in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts)

mbedle

Regarding Vail properties, does anyone have any intel if the bike park at Mount Snow will operate for the Summer of 2021? Usually by now I've received emails about the opening date, operating schedule, and season pass purchase information. I've checked the Mt Snow site and its still in "winter" mode.
I got into their summer activities page and it no longer list the bike park (only golf and scenic rides). Golf page was updated with 2021 dates and rates, so maybe its not going to run this year.

Last edited:

2Planker

We in the MWV heard that Vail has NO INTEREST in maintaining any summer activities at The Cat or Tash

urungus

There's a little bit more to Western New England than a college, there's a language.

Sound patterns historically associated with Western New England English include the features of rhoticity (full pronunciation of all r sounds). Vocabulary features that predominate in Western New England English include grinder for sub (submarine sandwich), and tag sale for garage sale (predominant in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts)

Also there are no hamburgers here, only hamburg

73EDB319-CE9F-462B-90D8-2B421A1D3437.jpeg

drjeff

I got into their summer activities page and it no longer list the bike park (only golf and scenic rides). Golf page was updated with 2021 dates and rates, so maybe its not going to run this year.
It was on their social media pages a couple of weeks ago that the bike park will open up Memorial Day Weekend for the season

giantfan

Mount Sunapee confirmed on their facebook page today that lift-served mountain biking will be back this summer. Okemo also announced mountain biking will be returning.

urungus

skimagic

Mount Sunapee confirmed on their facebook page today that lift-served mountain biking will be back this summer. Okemo also announced mountain biking will be returning.
Okemo is opening the mountain bike park on June 17, lower mountain only. The 2 summit bike trails are closed this year due to the Green Ridge chair replacement. Mount Snow still hasn't posted a schedule yet.

drjeff

Okemo is opening the mountain bike park on June 17, lower mountain only. The 2 summit bike trails are closed this year due to the Green Ridge chair replacement. Mount Snow still hasn't posted a schedule yet.

Was up on their social media pages today that the bike park opens this Saturday for the season.

Getting upstaged by the uproar they created yesterday that they're going to be charging for parking for roughly 50% of their parking spaces this coming season on Weekends and Holidays and 2 lots (the 1 right behind the main base lodge and the 1 at Carinthia right next to the hill) seemingly every day this coming season....

Not a good thing for sure, and likely going to keep the Dover Police Department busy ticketing cars parked illegally on the various access roads when the free parking spaces are filled and folks don't want to pay for the closer in spaces

chuckstah

Was up on their social media pages today that the bike park opens this Saturday for the season.

Getting upstaged by the uproar they created yesterday that they're going to be charging for parking for roughly 50% of their parking spaces this coming season on Weekends and Holidays and 2 lots (the 1 right behind the main base lodge and the 1 at Carinthia right next to the hill) seemingly every day this coming season....

Not a good thing for sure, and likely going to keep the Dover Police Department busy ticketing cars parked illegally on the various access roads when the free parking spaces are filled and folks don't want to pay for the closer in spaces
What a clusterfu&# it's going to be on peak days when the free parking is filled by 9. Even some Fridays I'd think. All to enhance the guest experience.