• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

gittist

Makes me remember when I was stationed at a reserve center in Chicopee, MA. One of our best reserve Corpsman( medic) was a full time garage mechanic! Come to think of it I don't know how good of a mechanic he was :unsure:.

ctdubl07

I personally know the guy from Mount Snow who was promoted to the GM job at Mount Brighton, MI.

If one thinks that the head of a F&B operation at a ski resort is just about food and drink, then they're just not accurate in that perception.

More of the job is about managing and overseeing the staff and making sure that the ordering is up to date as well as any planning for events....

Many a GOOD ski area GM came from prior roles that weren't related to the direct snow surface and lift operations side of the industry
Yes, I agree Mike was a hustler and sorry to see a friendly face leave but happy for him and his career. TO me, he took pride in his job and was a team player...saw him on a number of occasions last season scanning passes and working the lift lines. When i mentioned it to him one time, he was glad to say it took a team effort.

2Planker

Unfortunate, But Covid is definitely still a problem in some rural areas.
I'd rather be indoors eating, than in the car alone. Wife won't go after last year.

Looks like a lot of places are still pondering their response...

Mainer

Wearing a mask for 20 ft walking inside before taking it off and sitting down will always be stupid. But if it makes people feel better whatever. As long as it’s not required outside.

KustyTheKlown

3 years ago today

Guessing if Vail was in charge then, I wouldn't have been skiing

where is your pic from? assuming wildcat.

that was a fucking amazing day at magic. deep october pow on top of no base! my first and only time. snowboard buddy caught a nasty snake and fucked himself up properly that day.

thebigo

where is your pic from? assuming wildcat.

that was a fucking amazing day at magic. deep october pow on top of no base! my first and only time. snowboard buddy caught a nasty snake and fucked himself up properly that day.
I had the first chair of the season that day at the Cat but I don't remember powder, lynx was in prime shape.

My best October day was 2005 at K. The remnant of Wilma slammed into a cold front and dropped feet. Awesome weekend, just kept lapping toilet bowl or whatever the hell they call it now. Then it all melted by midweek.

KustyTheKlown

im checking ski tracks now and i actually am thinking of nov 24 2018 at magic. i could have sworn i skied October at magic once recently but not finding evidence in my stats. i had second chair of the season and was in their facebook video. it was prob the nov 24 date

thebigo

im checking ski tracks now and i actually am thinking of nov 24 2018 at magic. i could have sworn i skied October at magic once recently but not finding evidence in my stats. i had second chair of the season and was in their facebook video. it was prob the nov 24 date
I had first chair at the cat two seasons in a row. Was around #10 last year, the kids would not stand around and wait two hours. Definitely going to miss it this year because I am never skiing a day at a Vail property again.

Skiing memories screw with you, I remember two people on that chair but was sure the third was another dude.

15406563593511903683760566212194001.png

deadheadskier

Staff member
I can't say I'll never ski Wildcat or Stowe ever again. They're the two mountains with easily my fondest ski memories in the East. But, I'm in no rush to give Vail money any time soon.

machski

I had the first chair of the season that day at the Cat but I don't remember powder, lynx was in prime shape.

My best October day was 2005 at K. The remnant of Wilma slammed into a cold front and dropped feet. Awesome weekend, just kept lapping toilet bowl or whatever the hell they call it now. Then it all melted by midweek.
Think that hit the Cat too. Remember late teens open in October on Natural alone around then (and a 10 minute delay on 16N for the Bull Moose to decide to clear the road). Unfortunately they hadn't had the Quad reinspection for the winter from the Gondi can switch over, so it was just off TomCat. Absolutely amazing!!!

Not for nothing, but Keystone is open in Colorado already. Perhaps Vailay at ball with us in the East at some point early/late? Last year and this are not helping convince them however.

thebigo

Hey Mach. Planning a four day weekend at the river for veterans day. Will need three dinners with the wife and kids, kids are four and eight. What will be open for dinner?

Did the brewery ever get open again? Riverhaus? Matterhorn?

thebigo

Think that hit the Cat too. Remember late teens open in October on Natural alone around then (and a 10 minute delay on 16N for the Bull Moose to decide to clear the road). Unfortunately they hadn't had the Quad reinspection for the winter from the Gondi can switch over, so it was just off TomCat. Absolutely amazing!!!

Not for nothing, but Keystone is open in Colorado already. Perhaps Vailay at ball with us in the East at some point early/late? Last year and this are not helping convince them however.
My memory is the cat and k got open. It came absolutely out of nowhere. Top five skiing memory along with valentines day 2007 and a random alta dump when I was a kid. That day at alta was when I learned to ski, I had no choice - become a good skier or drown.

thebigo

I can't say I'll never ski Wildcat or Stowe ever again. They're the two mountains with easily my fondest ski memories in the East. But, I'm in no rush to give Vail money any time soon.
Grandpa skied into his mid 90s. I have been skiing wildcat for going on 40 years, hopefully have another 40 in me. Figure I will be around longer than vail but they don't get another penny from me.

2Planker

Grandpa skied into his mid 90s. I have been skiing wildcat for going on 40 years, hopefully have another 40 in me. Figure I will be around longer than vail but they don't get another penny from me.

52 years @ The Cat for me.. First Cat trip was '69/'70 at age 6.

First time ever was 1969 @ Mt .Whittier in Ossipee,
http://www.nelsap.org/nh/mtwhit1.html