• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

gittist

Truth in advertising? Wildcat was not the first open nor the last to close last year. Doesn't look like they'll make the first to open this year either...
Truth in advertising? Who are you kidding? o_O

PAabe

Truth in advertising? Wildcat was not the first open nor the last to close last year. Doesn't look like they'll make the first to open this year either...
yup and last year Big Boulder was not the last to close (several were open longer) nor were they first to open (Blue, which is at a far lower elevation and is further south) in PA.

MadKitty

Nice skiing at sunday river today. Barker quad was open and spruce/south ridge should be open by the weekend. Snow guns were blasting all over the east side of the mtn when I left. Driving by wildcat was a different story. No active snowmaking and lots of grass. This is a sad weekend for skiing in the MWV.

Attachments

• wildcat112421.jpg
    wildcat112421.jpg
    710.7 KB · Views: 26

thebigo

Nice skiing at sunday river today. Barker quad was open and spruce/south ridge should be open by the weekend. Snow guns were blasting all over the east side of the mtn when I left. Driving by wildcat was a different story. No active snowmaking and lots of grass. This is a sad weekend for skiing in the MWV.
Day number five was fun - great day at sr, only took one picture but that is an eight year old girl having a great day with dad. Last year at this time we were epic passholders.

Attachments

• 20211124_132405.jpg
    20211124_132405.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19

gittist

I'm not kidding. A big company like Vail is expected to watch what they're putting out. It's a lot more visible than some Mom-n-Pop place in the thick of woods.
No, you got it backwards. Mom & Pops would be slammed.
Sorry for the confusion by not quoting the posting immediately before mine. To clarify my point is that a Mom & Pop business is more likely to be slammed for misleading or false advertising than a big corporation. Mom & Pops have far less resources to fight any allegations than someone like Vail.

drjeff

Blacking out northeast value passholders for opening days despite opening a week late #sucks

It is what it is. Weather regardless this early season, when folks bought their NE value passes, they knew this weekend was blocked out. Heck, if mother nature hadn't cooperated with snowmaking temps the last few days there may not of been any Eatern Epic Resorts open today.

Like it or not, it's not like Vail suddenly blocked these dates out on certain passes in just the last few days

spiderpig

It is what it is. Weather regardless this early season, when folks bought their NE value passes, they knew this weekend was blocked out. Heck, if mother nature hadn't cooperated with snowmaking temps the last few days there may not of been any Eatern Epic Resorts open today.

Like it or not, it's not like Vail suddenly blocked these dates out on certain passes in just the last few days
Well they conveniently forgot last season, at least at Okemo.

thebigo

Well they conveniently forgot last season, at least at Okemo.
Sorry bud, I want vail to go out of business and leave new england as much as the next skier but expecting them to waive blackouts on a dirt cheap pass during opening weekend is a bit much.

Cobbold

Sorry bud, I want vail to go out of business and leave new england as much as the next skier but expecting them to waive blackouts on a dirt cheap pass during opening weekend is a bit much.
This skier, does not want vail to go out of business or leave new England, I am very happy With vail and the epic pass. Looking forward to more ski areas joining the vail family