• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

thetrailboss

Staff member
Anyone see that Vail reached an agreement with Park Cities ski patrol union. Vail l was kind enough to give ski patrollers $19 dollars per hour. Wow it took Vail that long to give employees 19 dollar an hour wage. My son makes close to that Washing dishes. Boy vail doesn't care about their employees at all. I know that the ski industry is having a difficult time filling jobs but maybe Vails problem is they are being extremely cheap with hour wages therefore no one will work for them.
I did not see that it was $19. I just saw that they agreed. The ski patrol was asking for starting wage of $17.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Run eastern areas with western managers who do not understand eastern weather/market and this is the result. It happened at Killington when Nyberg was at the helm. At least Powdr figured it out fairly quick and put someone in charge who understands the east.
Yeah as Geoff said POWDR did not change for some time. Now it is destroying Snowbird.

catskillman

Run eastern areas with western managers who do not understand eastern weather/market and this is the result. It happened at Killington when Nyberg was at the helm. At least Powdr figured it out fairly quick and put someone in charge who understands the east.
remember that - he was at Hunter before Killington, Noone could understand that one

thetrailboss

Staff member
Would be nice if we could go back to the days where all ski areas were independent.
Right? I’m old enough to have seen one cycle of corporate consolidation and then collapse. ASC was the big deal and then imploded. It took about 10 years or so for Vail to emerge as the 300 lb gorilla that it is.

Quietman

It's unbelievable to me they don't have Valley ready to go as the backup for the Rocket. With Valley and West, you can still ski 75% of the mountain. A bummer for sure, but worth staying.
Valley lift ran today! I waited until 3 to avoid the crowds and try on the new boots and it was nice to ski Pluto's.

Kingslug20

Hardly any wait at any lifts most of the morning at SB..12:30 called it a day as it got all scraped off..but a good 3.5 hours for sure..

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Waiting for DRjeff to say it wasn't that bad and shoot rainbows out of his ass.

He's an optimist and I haven't skied Mount Snow since the Vail takeover....but for years did many weekend days there. Even on a day like today I bet Sundance and Ego Alley were under a ten chair wait...if they were running.