• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

meff

He's an optimist and I haven't skied Mount Snow since the Vail takeover....but for years did many weekend days there. Even on a day like today I bet Sundance and Ego Alley were under a ten chair wait...if they were running.

Both were running parts of the day - when we went over towards Ego Alley around noon it was stopped with folks on chairs, did a lap on Canyon and waited 10-15min for the Grand Summit after as Ego Alley was stopped and empty. Sundance didn't start up until later in the day and was hit or miss if it had a line or not, didn't look over 5min at its worse tho.

We called it quits just before 2PM as conditions were getting pretty boiler plate. Will be interesting to see what the storm brings and how bad the projected wind holds are in the AM.

jaytrem

He's an optimist and I haven't skied Mount Snow since the Vail takeover....but for years did many weekend days there. Even on a day like today I bet Sundance and Ego Alley were under a ten chair wait...if they were running.
Zero chair wait along with the North Face. Ego did break down though. Lines were shorter than normal on the high speeds early in the day. I guess people were waiting for it to warm up a bit. Grand Summit was also ski right on for our last couple runs.

SLyardsale

Zero chair wait along with the North Face. Ego did break down though. Lines were shorter than normal on the high speeds early in the day. I guess people were waiting for it to warm up a bit. Grand Summit was also ski right on for our last couple runs.
Tracy Bartels was matching up singles in the Canyon Express line at 10am this AM. It felt like a PR stunt.

chuckstah

Vail must have forked over some $$ to get a quick inspection done. Then again, I'm sure all non Vail lifts were inspected long ago.

RH29

Mount Snow sounds rough today. A friend who was there today said lines were 20-30 minutes for the main lifts...and looking at the pictures here I believe it. Tomorrow will be insanity...20 inches of wet powder will be skiied off by noon, with hourlong lines to boot. I'm glad that I'm headed to Jay this week.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Mount Snow sounds rough today. A friend who was there today said lines were 20-30 minutes for the main lifts...and looking at the pictures here I believe it. Tomorrow will be insanity...20 inches of wet powder will be skiied off by noon, with hourlong lines to boot. I'm glad that I'm headed to Jay this week.

Lol there's certainly a lot of hyperbole in this post.

Mount Snow is pretty much guaranteed to get more than Jay. 18" prediction at Mount Snow and maybe 12" at Jay...

mbedle

trackbiker

Thats just stupid
It was a joke. If I saw crowds like that I would have turned around and gone to Berkshire East. In fact I would never go to Mt. Snow on a weekend with all the passes Fail sold. I bet paying to park made that mob scene even a more Epic experience. :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

Mainer

I hate vail as much as the next guy. But hasn’t mt snow always been like that on holiday weekend. Wind is cranking in the mwv, inch or so of snow right now

Killingtime

It was a joke. If I saw crowds like that I would have turned around and gone to Berkshire East. In fact I would never go to Mt. Snow on a weekend with all the passes Fail sold. I bet paying to park made that mob scene even a more Epic experience. :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:
Last Saturday you couldn't find a place to park even if you were willing to pay for it.

elks

I was surprised to see Valley running too! Points for effort although it was still a bit of a zoo. Guess Crotched is opening lifts while Attitash closes them? :unsure:
The part that was on order for months for Valley finally came in just in time for it to open this weekend.

Katahdin

Looks like the double doubles are done for good, no longer on lift status.
If the double doubles don't run this winter it essentially leaves Attitash no beginner terrain other then the learning center. Looks like the triple may be broken again. Went down yesterday morning and it's not running again today.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If the double doubles don't run this winter it essentially leaves Attitash no beginner terrain other then the learning center. Looks like the triple may be broken again. Went down yesterday morning and it's not running again today.

It could be wind related. Bretton Woods is closed with 82 mph winds at the summit. That almost never happens. So it's probably nasty every where up North

So Inclined

For those that want to relive the glory days of Attitash, eBay has you covered.
Some middle-aged guy who grew up in Fairfield County was handed a box of stuff by his parents over the holidays and told "we found more of your old stuff in the attic. Take it or throw it."

Source: am a middle-aged guy who grew up in Fairfield County...

• Haha
Reactions: Pez