• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

meff

They made some parking $$ at Mount Snow today. First time I believe that they filled all of the pay lots, even the 2 $30 lots! Fresh snow, no wind, sunshine and temps that felt warmer than the teens it reached in the afternoon
I thought they filled them all last Sunday as well. Could tell the lots were filled with how crowded the mountain got between 10:300 and 11.

Mainer

Attitash hit its peak during the asc days. Ran all the lifts, great snowmaking, half pipe. I liked asc.

Kingslug20

Phone free zone...liftline photos..thats it..plus...its bs...what are they going to do..throw you off the hill for looking at your phone?

ctdubl07

Crested Butte resource?
Family heading out there for Feb break.
Could you folks suggest a good/similar forum that focuses on CO resorts where I can start gathering information and advice?
Thanks in advance.

Edd

Crested Butte resource?
Could you folks suggest a good/similar forum that focuses on CO resorts where I can start gathering information and advice?
Thanks in advance.

Tonyr

Crested Butte resource?
Thanks in advance.
I've skied Crested Butte recently, what would you like to know?

SkiingInABlueDream

I think we're gonna have to endure Vail for a lot longer. Summer will roll around and the marketing machine will spin up interest for next season. If we get a period of post omicron (or post next covid mutation) optimism people will buy in for 22/23. Maybe new suckers, maybe repeat suckers. But the money will keep coming in for a few more years IMO. And as others have said they're sitting on a shitload of cash. It'll take a long time for that ship to sink.

IceEidolon

I hope they have the money to get a lot of infrastructure work done first. Some of their places really need it.

ctdubl07

I've skied Crested Butte recently, what would you like to know?
Thank you. I dont want to hijack the thread so Im cool with a message but fiorst 2 things that come to mind are:

- rental shop with wide(r) selection of quality skis (and boards). Prefer to support a local shop than skirentals.com/vail
- referral to an operator who offers guided tours of the Mtn. (Im a firm believer in using consultants for things I want to maximize and am not an expert in)

We have food, lodging, logistics and some extracuricular activties fairly dialed in. Just need to dial in above. thanks

Tonyr

Those are more business specific questions that I couldn't help you with that much. We brought our own skis and skied without a guide when we were there. The rental shop within the Elevation Hotel and Spa looked good though. The employees were always very nice to us when we picked up and dropped off our skis overnight everyday. The ski shop is literally right out in front of the main lift. Below is a link to their website, good luck your going to love Crested Butte.....

Last edited: