• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

abc

Anything that’s on a website that you want as “proof”, you need to take a screen shot. Because it could be changed at later time.

But if even one person took a screen shot that shows the “error”, Vail is on the hook to honor it. Those who were forced to pay for a day ticket, will have a claim.

chuckstah

I have a NE midweek. Took this screenshot a while ago. Full pass was same blackouts. Doesn't even make sense as the 14th which is shown as blackout is a weekend. Screenshot_20230115-210607.png

jaytrem

So if they changed the website today that would seem to show intent to cover up their mistake, thus digging them selves a deeper hole.

thetrailboss

Staff member
epicfail-jpg.55994

Assuming that this was not altered, this seals it for me.

thetrailboss

Staff member
When will people get it… you want change? Stop buying Epic passes, especially season passes which give them free rein to deliver as shitty a product as they want since they already have your money.
That's the problem. There is no way to hold Vail accountable because folks just continue to renew.

Could you imagine if this snafu happened on President's Day Weekend? i.e. right BEFORE pass renewal time?

abc

“Folks” aren’t reading alpine zone.

How about boycott Walmart for ruining small Mom and Pop stores? Vail is Walmart of skiing. See the parallel?

Edd

Easily over 12 years ago I did my first Lake Tahoe trip. During the week I bought a heavily discounted pair of tickets for Squaw Valley from a ski shop. When I got to the ticket window on non-holiday Friday I learned that the tix were no good and I’d have to pay full price ($90/each). I was flying out the next day and didn’t have time to see if I got scammed or misunderstood something but paying for those tix was the easiest decision of my life.

I can’t imagine finding out I’d have to pay at Okemo or Sunapee as a pass holder during MLK weekend when the website had misinformed me. What a miserable decision. The experience is not going to be worth it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
All the kids are ragged pass holders. Ragged is basically in business solely to be the anti-epic in Southern NH. Unfortunately, vail properties still host the majority of the camps and races in NH. Don't mind watching races but not much to do while the kids train for a full day. Guess it is the cost of doing business.

Thing that pisses me off is us NH citizens had the chance to block the sunapee lease transfer. Had the peaks purchase preceded the Mueller purchase, we would have seen vail coming.

They seriously don't offer a discounted ticket for racer parents?

Weird. Before the race camp was cancelled, Mt Snow was going to offer $50 day tickets.

Looks like you'll need to consider epic day passes as a racer parent

thetrailboss

Staff member
They seriously don't offer a discounted ticket for racer parents?

Weird. Before the race camp was cancelled, Mt Snow was going to offer $50 day tickets.

Looks like you'll need to consider epic day passes as a racer parent
Again, it's all about EPIC. Discounts of any kind no longer exist.

icecoast1

“Folks” aren’t reading alpine zone.

How about boycott Walmart for ruining small Mom and Pop stores? Vail is Walmart of skiing. See the parallel?
Is vail running them out of business or are they going out of business anyway and/or seeing the current market as the perfect opportunity to cash out and sell to vail?