• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

Mainer

Sunday River has at least a six week longer season then wildcat. Kinda pathetic. Hoping boyne gives pleasant an extra week or two.

2Planker

Sunday River has at least a six week longer season then wildcat. Kinda pathetic. Hoping boyne gives pleasant an extra week or two.
No shit. 8'+ in the hills above N Conway in March.
Had to have my deck shoveled off TWICE.
That has never happened before.....

urungus

You thought we would use our piles of cash to improve our mountains with new chairlifts, snowmaking upgrades, or increased wages/staffing ? ha ha ha

9AD6FA46-743B-4F84-A551-5D5D9EE06755.jpeg

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

Gorham greatest growth is from the explosion of ATV's, access for them on public roads, hundreds of miles of trails, both old and new, and ATV State Park, etc. The place is mobbed with them all summer and fall, even more of them than snowmobilers in the winter. A lot of the long time locals aren't happy about the impact they are having on the local community, resources, and environment.
An ATV State Park? Wow. I was wondering why that place looked like an ATV convention in the summer. Folks will piss their $$ away on anything when rates are low. Not anymore.

2Planker

Yes. The ATV thing is crazy all summer. Hundreds of them on the town roads. The cops & NH Game Wardens are all over the place. Lots of accidents from rookie rental riders.

eatskisleep

Yes. The ATV thing is crazy all summer. Hundreds of them on the town roads. The cops & NH Game Wardens are all over the place. Lots of accidents from rookie rental riders.
Can dirt bikes ride there too or just ATV?

shawnanigans

Can dirt bikes ride there too or just ATV?

Yes, it's called Jericho State Park if you want to get more information. I think dirt bikes and 4wheelers can use all of the trails in the park but side by sides/UTVs are restricted to a slightly smaller subset of trails. They also have a deal worked out with the towns so you can ride off road vehicles on many of the road which I could see annoying some of the locals but it certainly brings a ton of tourism to the area.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The ATV scene has been a great thing for Northern NH. I started visiting Berlin regularly for work in 2014. The increase in visitors in that time has been massive. Locals should certainly welcome the change given the area was dying prior.

I've never done it before, but have thought about renting a 4 seat side by side to take the family out on. Looks like a fun adventure

raisingarizona

The ATV scene has been a great thing for Northern NH. I started visiting Berlin regularly for work in 2014. The increase in visitors in that time has been massive. Locals should certainly welcome the change given the area was dying prior.

I've never done it before, but have thought about renting a 4 seat side by side to take the family out on. Looks like a fun adventure
Be careful what you wish for.

Smellytele

My town started allowing ATV’s on some roads and it sucks. They are loud, take up too much of the road causing dangerous situations as they are only supposed to go 20 ( which a large portion do not) so you have to pass them. Then the if you are walking or bike riding they have to pass you and then cars get stuck behind them. It’s a cluster fuck on weekends.

Granite1

Yea, who cares about the long time locals, the ones that the ATV scene has not been a great thing for, screw them, they all love America and tradition! Oh my God, some of them want to make America great again! Outsiders come to your town, change the character, identity, history, traditions, and take it over. No problem. Go back to MA, isn't that where you came from? Open an ATV state park down there-yea, good luck with that-ATV's are bad for the environment down there.

2Planker

Yea, who cares about the long time locals, the ones that the ATV scene has not been a great thing for, screw them, they all love America and tradition! Oh my God, some of them want to make America great again! Outsiders come to your town, change the character, identity, history, traditions, and take it over. No problem. Go back to MA, isn't that where you came from? Open an ATV state park down there-yea, good luck with that-ATV's are bad for the environment down there.
It goes both ways. There are a ton of Gorham/Berlin business owners that are extremely grateful for the crowds that come every weekend May-Oct. As long as eveyone plays safe….. It’s when alcohol or drugs are mixed in the incidennts can get ugly.

Not taking sides either way. But we do avoid G/B May-Oct

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member

I'm not sure you've mustered a single intelligent and informed post on this forum ever. Not a single one. This stupid post of yours is no exception to that trend

I can guarantee you I have spent more time in Berlin in the past decade than you have and know more locals. I have never spoken to a single person that has an issue with the ATV industry up there. In fact, it's the opposite. All of them feel blessed for the improvements the industry has brought to the local economy. This was a dying city that now has hope again you dumbass.

What a moron

Granite1

I can guarantee you I have spent more time in Berlin in the past decade than you have and know more locals. I have never spoken to a single person that has an issue with the ATV industry up there. In fact, it's the opposite. All of them feel blessed for the improvements the industry has brought to the local economy. This was a dying city that now has hope again.
Once again, false statement after false statement, proof of your ignorance. I have spoken to hundreds of local people in NH about the many problems in the White Mountains and the Great North Woods, and tens of thousands of Granite State citizens agree with me. How the F do you know if you know more locals than me? Again, proof of your ignorance. The White Mountains and the Great North Woods were destroyed by outsiders, people like you in the early 1900s. People like me, want to stop people like you from destroying our mountains and forests again.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Once again, false statement after false statement, proof of your ignorance. I have spoken to hundreds of local people in NH about the many problems in the White Mountains and the Great North Woods, and tens of thousands of Granite State citizens agree with me. How the F do you know if you know more locals than me? Again, proof of your ignorance. The White Mountains and the Great North Woods were destroyed by outsiders, people like you in the early 1900s. People like me, want to stop people like you from destroying our mountains and forests again.

How much time do you spend in Berlin Granite? Do you work up there? I do

I can tell you I know hundreds of local healthcare workers and then also the F&B and lodging establishments I frequent and literally no one is upset about the ATV industry up there

Berlin would be dying and even worse off than it already is without it, you moron.

Take a hike loser.

RH29

Hi there, local!
I'm happy to announce that I intend on destroying your state this weekend by staying in a hotel that would not exist if it weren't for losers like me, eating at restaurants that survive off us locusts, and skiing on YOUR mountains!

All in all, I'm expecting to visit places that employ at least 500 of you locals, and I'm going to infect them all with my evil Connecticut plague. Good luck!