• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Warp Daddy

The Queen and I just got back from a great day upriver, had a really nice luncheon then went to look at s brand new Townhouse right on the river in a great New England style village in the 1000 Islands , There are only 4 townhomes on the site and deed convenant limits development to that number . The site is right in town BUT on its own private point

Townhouse was 3500 sq ft , 3 floors ,3 gas fireplaces , magnificent wall of glass on EACH of 3 levels and a deck or balconies s off all floors .

But a whopping 900 K pricetag and only a 1 stall garage and no real basement as that floor was all basically an second entertainment area an open family room and one BR and batrh and a Bar

Second level was 2 BR's and baths

Top floor was a GREAT ROOM with an OPEN plan combo with kitchen , DR and entertainment area featuring a wall of glass overlooking the Islands . IT has a Wall of STONE fireplace and built in huge PLASMA TV. this level also had a master suite

House was magnificent , -------BUT for that price there are several better options IMHO and no proximity to skiing closest place is not worth skiing at all IMO

The Queen and I just got back from a great day upriver, had a really nice luncheon then went to look at s brand new Townhouse right on the river in a great New England style village in the 1000 Islands , There are only 4 townhomes on the site and deed convenant limits development to that number . The site is right in town BUT on its own private point

Townhouse was 3500 sq ft , 3 floors ,3 gas fireplaces , magnificent wall of glass on EACH of 3 levels and a deck or balconies s off all floors .

But a whopping 900 K pricetag and only a 1 stall garage and no real basement as that floor was all basically an second entertainment area an open family room and one BR and batrh and a Bar

Second level was 2 BR's and baths

Top floor was a GREAT ROOM with an OPEN plan combo with kitchen , DR and entertainment area featuring a wall of glass overlooking the Islands . IT has a Wall of STONE fireplace and built in huge PLASMA TV. this level also had a master suite

House was magnificent , -------BUT for that price there are several better options IMHO and no proximity to skiing closest place is not worth skiing at all IMO

Wow..sounds like a cool house..my parents sold my childhood home about 2 years ago and a local architect built them a spec house on one of the last pieces of property in a mature neighborhood..new architechture is really cool..and the heating bill is alot less..and master bathrooms in new homes are huge..

Warp Daddy

Wow..sounds like a cool house..my parents sold my childhood home about 2 years ago and a local architect built them a spec house on one of the last pieces of property in a mature neighborhood..new architechture is really cool..and the heating bill is alot less..and master bathrooms in new homes are huge..

RIGHT ON LMAO I called the MASTER BATHROOM in this joint " The Playpen " , The agent damn near swallowed her tongur laffing when i said " Damn if i'd of had this setup in my 20's I'd had 12 kids" :D :D

It had the biggest damn jet tub i've ever seen then a damn standalone 2 person walkin in GLASS shower with built in small benches if you wanted to sit down . This Bathroom r also had a built in smaller TV

Going to my parents house...eat their food and play with the dog..then maybe hit the bar..it's payday so anybody that crosses my path gets a free drink..

Grassi21

just got back from lax practice. bought to pour something on the rocks...

WJenness

How's the new job?

Overall, not bad at all... There are some plusses and some minuses though.

Plusses:
Nice people
I get to make my own decisions on what we do with the network, as I am THE guy....
New interesting challanges
Good pay, decent benefits

Minuses:
I miss my vacation time (I was at three weeks and due for a fourth this month at the old job... I'm back down to two weeks)
Everything has more immediacy than other places I've worked (mainly due to doctors seeing wall to wall patients and anything that messes with them seeing patients is a huge problem)
I don't have my own space... Not even a cube, I have a desk in the corner of a conference room, and thus occasionally get kicked out for meetings that don't include me.
There have been several days recently where I've walked out of the office for lunch or whatever, and groaned that I wished I was somewhere skiing... Can't really take time off right now.

All in all, I'm glad I have a job, and the work isn't bad at all, and I've made a few new friends.

-w

Grassi21

Just finished a Dark and Stormy...

It was quite yummy...

-w

Nice. Love those. I went with Bushmills whiskey. But its the nicer one, Blackbush I believe its called. Not sure how long it has been aged.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Overall, not bad at all... There are some plusses and some minuses though.

Plusses:
Nice people
I get to make my own decisions on what we do with the network, as I am THE guy....
New interesting challanges
Good pay, decent benefits

Minuses:
I miss my vacation time (I was at three weeks and due for a fourth this month at the old job... I'm back down to two weeks)
Everything has more immediacy than other places I've worked (mainly due to doctors seeing wall to wall patients and anything that messes with them seeing patients is a huge problem)
I don't have my own space... Not even a cube, I have a desk in the corner of a conference room, and thus occasionally get kicked out for meetings that don't include me.
There have been several days recently where I've walked out of the office for lunch or whatever, and groaned that I wished I was somewhere skiing... Can't really take time off right now.

All in all, I'm glad I have a job, and the work isn't bad at all, and I've made a few new friends.

-w
I'm glad you've worked it out (except for the skiing)

drjeff

Watching the final episode of ER - kind of feel like a period of my life is ending with this show, as when it first started, the then original med students were in the same year of their training as I was of my dental school training

drjeff

AM Caffiene loading - needing a little extra today as this dreary morning in Northeast CT isn't helping getting me going today :(

drjeff

Not liking the National Westher Service forcast for So VT that I just saw for the next 36 or so hours :( :smash: