• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What do you like about skiing besides skiing

dlague

Ok snow boarding too!

We all love our sport and all of the different elements groomers, glades/trees, chutes, bumps, parks, etc.

However, there other aspects that I think are cool. For example, 100's if not thousands come to a resort and atbthe end of the day a party often breaks out with total strangers all wearing smiles on their faces. I think that is awesome. I also like riding on a lift and learning about people that I will never meet again. I think skiing communities like ski clubs, forums like this one or even the Ride and Ski tour where new friends are made with people possibly a couple states away. I like the views that only those participating can enjoy. It is fun people watching from the lifts or even in the lodge.

So what else do you enjoy or are you more of a get there, ski or snowboard it and go home type of person?

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

nhskier1969

Besides skiing and terrain. I would say quality time with the Family on the slopes and the views on top of the mtn.

crank

I like being in the mountains. I like winter. I like road trips.

Jully

Going somewhere new and different is great. Also the quiet of the mountain after a snowstorm and viewing everyone running around the base area from above.

Mapnut

Walking through a New England town in the evening with the smell of wood smoke in the air and snow crunching underfoot.

NYDB

I love being up on the mountain in the middle of a big storm. Hood up, hunkered down on the chairlift knowing its dumping and the refills will be there on the way down

ScottySkis

That fact that pollen is frozen. So my crazy allergies are not that bad.
Being out side in the mountains..
Getting high up in elevation for a natural high.
Being with friends.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

xlr8r

Views, travelling and getting away from home, getting outside, daydreaming about it when not skiing.

SIKSKIER

I love being up on the mountain in the middle of a big storm. Hood up, hunkered down on the chairlift knowing its dumping and the refills will be there on the way down

This.And the opposite also.I can really enjoy just hanging out at local perch and sucking it all in on a bluebird day.

Attachments

• IMG_20160327_103811218_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160327_103811218_HDR.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 124

SnoDevil97

Views from the summit, experiences with family & friends (including après), simple thrill of swooshing down a mountain without breaking any limbs. :0)

Also gives me something to look forward to every winter instead of being a shut-in.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Overpriced hamburgers. Standing in line with masses of people I don't know. Trying to find a table in an overcrowded lodge.

Oh. Wait. What I LIKE? .... :dontknow:

CoolMike

Great thread!

I think the biggest one is spending time with my wife doing something we both really enjoy together.

Other things include cementing friendships on the slopes and in the local pubs. Just being outside for a full day is nice in the winter - skiing is a great excuse to just be outside and enjoy the cold (refreshing) air. I enjoy watching the weather models like a hawk hoping for each storm to bring snow and determining where in NE the best conditions might be (even if I can't make it out to take advantage). Snowboarding is also one of only two things that motivates me to actually try and get into shape - the other being indoor soccer.

SkiFanE

Being outside. Views. Getting away from everything. Anticipation of skiing all week. Pumped legs after 7 days straight. Camaraderie with fellow skiers. Flask.