• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What new ski areas did you ski this season?

Greg

Staff member
For me the only new ski area this season was Sunapee, and that was only for brief 90 minute visit. Nice hill, but at 3:15, it's too far for a day trip unless there is an AZ gathering there or something. Cannon and Burke still top my never skied but need to list. You?

Vortex

Cannon was new for me. I skied there the day aftere x-mass and for the AZ outing.. I had hiked it before, but never skied it. I would like to try Mount snow. Its on my pass I hope to Join Treeskier there next year.

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
Cannon was new for me. I skied there the day aftere x-mass and for the AZ outing.. I had hiked it before, but never skied it. I would like to try Mount snow. Its on my pass I hope to Join Treeskier there next year.
I'd meet you up at Mount Snow also Bob. It's only 2:30 for me.

hammer

New places for me this year were
  • Cranmore
  • Waterville
  • Tenney
  • Bretton Woods
Places I'd like to hit for the first time next year are
  • Cannon
  • Loon
  • someplace in Vermont (don't know if a day trip is doable)

thetrailboss

Staff member
New places this season:

• Stowe
    Stratton
    Blackwater, NH
    Gunstock

I enjoyed the steeps of Stowe, the variety of mellow terrain at Stratton, and the coolness of Blackwater! Still on the Trailboss tour for sometime:

• Balsam's Wilderness
    Dartmouth Skiway
    Whaleback
    Mount Snow
    Suicide Six

Grassi21

Every mountain I skied this season was new:

Killington
Mohawk
Ski Sundown
Mount Southington

Next season we plan to hit Mt. Snow, somewhere in Northern VT, and Park City. I'm bouncing back and forth between a season pass at Sundown (closer to Trumbull) or Butternut (cheaper). My goal is 20 days next season. To go with my new skis I picked up a pair of Nordica Beast 10s with custom foot beds. Love those end of season sales!

skibum1321

I didn't go anywhere new this season...

Still on the Must-Hit List:
Cannon
Wildcat
Sugarloaf
Whiteface

deadheadskier

Staff member
First Time:

Shawnee Peak

Quazi First Time:

Sunday River - it had been twenty two years and was a far different place then when I skied it and I a far different skier at age 8

Also made it to Sugarloaf for the first time in 8 years

Sky

No new places this year...sadly. Although the inaugural race year went very well...and also sucked up a substantial amount of available "skip work to ski" time.

Next year however...

Sunapee (I get 1/2 price with my Wa pass for crying out loud!)

dare I write it down...Sugarbush. This one's tough. Looks like I'd love the place...but wife and daughter would not.

And to address the wife/daughter combo...Bretton Woods

I don't expect to get too adventurous until either my daughter starts driving herself to school (two ski seasons away) OR, some other miracle gets me out of drop-off duty.

bvibert

Staff member
New to me this year:
  • Hunter
  • Butternut

Still need to hit:
  • Burke
  • Jay
  • SB South
  • Wildcat
  • TUX

SAB

New this year: Burke.

Absolutely loved it.

So now I hear they are going to change it. Faster lifts - which will make the trails too crowded, so they'll probably widen the trails. Then the wind will blow away all the snow, so they'll need to put in more snowmaking. Of course, this costs alot of money, so the lift ticket prices will need to go up. Should I continue?

SAB

Vortex

Greg that might work for an outing next year. I think you may be closer to Mt Snow than me. We can go and get Tree_skier to open his squeeky wallet.:beer:

ChileMass

Only new hill this year was Pat's Peak for Monday race nights. A great little hill with a big racing tradition!

The Never-Been-Gotta-Get-There list:

Sugarbush
MRG
Wildcat
Hunter

The Haven't-Been-in-a-While-Wanna-Go-Back-Soon list:

Stowe
Sugarloaf
Gore
Whiteface
Magic

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
Greg that might work for an outing next year. I think you may be closer to Mt Snow than me. We can go and get Tree_skier to open his squeeky wallet.:beer:
Works for me. Looks like a Mount Snow gathering is on the agenda for next year! With a lot of A41 holders, I'm sure the turnout would be good.