• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whats going on w/ the price of gas...

drjeff

Saw a spot on the news this AM where there are a couple of stations in the middle of Missouri where gas was $1.85 and $1.87 right now. My local Mobil just fell to $2.33 (cash) and $2.37 (credit) today

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Saw a spot on the news this AM where there are a couple of stations in the middle of Missouri where gas was $1.85 and $1.87 right now. My local Mobil just fell to $2.33 (cash) and $2.37 (credit) today
I saw $2.27 credit yesterday. Didn't think we'd ever see those numbers again. Of course, after the election this week it's going to creep up again. Always does.

Thats great!! The best I have seen in my area is 2.55 :roll: the norm is 2.65. Yesterday in the hamptons I was forced to pay 2.89 but I only put in 10.00.

I paid $2.99 in NY on the thruway but just 2 gallons of gas to be sure I could make it home without coasting..here it's about $2.40something everywhere. $30 fillups instead of $50 fillups are sweet..I'm probably saving $100 a month on gas compared to when it was $4

Glenn

Hopefully, these prices will last through the season. What a great incentive for people to head up to some semi local areas this winter. It'll be a lot easier when your travel expenses are less than your lift ticket!

twinplanx

I can hear the cogs clicking on the way up this rollercoaster ride again. Hopefully this latest spike is just a bump in the road

mondeo

I can hear the cogs clicking on the way up this rollercoaster ride again. Hopefully this latest spike is just a bump in the road

You mean the "spike" above 2 year lows on a commodity with increasing worldwide demand with relatively constant supply, ignoring impacts of inflation and exchange rates? It's a recovery at this point. $70-80/barrel mid-summer.

twinplanx

You mean the "spike" above 2 year lows on a commodity with increasing worldwide demand with relatively constant supply, ignoring impacts of inflation and exchange rates? It's a recovery at this point. $70-80/barrel mid-summer.

Really smartypants? Silly me, I had thought the "upswing"(if u prefer) might be do to the situation in Gaza:idea:

ctenidae

Really smartypants? Silly me, I had thought the "upswing"(if u prefer) might be do to the situation in Gaza:idea:

I'm with mondeo on this one. Gaza might have something to do with it, adding a bit of a fear premium, but the fact is the market overshot to the upside at $147, and overshot to the downside at $35.

Increasing demand + steady supply = higher prices. It has to.