• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When is the last day for snowmaking

frapcap

Wildcat plans on blowing on Friday based on their FB post.
Glad to hear it!!

yeggous

I wonder if Hunter will be next to announce, since it seems like a bunch of Peak resorts are doing so.

What they choose to do will make a statement about how Peaks views Hunter. They are not blowing at all of their mountains. For example, they'll let Crotched and Attitash go out with a whimper.

hammer

What they choose to do will make a statement about how Peaks views Hunter. They are not blowing at all of their mountains. For example, they'll let Crotched and Attitash go out with a whimper.
I can actually understand why...Crotched is too far south to make it worthwhile and from what I've seen Attitash has never been a late season player. We stayed right across the street from Attitash this past weekend and still decided to go to Wildcat...and I'm glad we did.

yeggous

I can actually understand why...Crotched is too far south to make it worthwhile and from what I've seen Attitash has never been a late season player. We stayed right across the street from Attitash this past weekend and still decided to go to Wildcat...and I'm glad we did.

It's not the latitude. Crotched is marginally further north than Mt Snow. It is a business decision. Crotched does not get the crowds from the Mid-Atlantic. Attitash does not make sense when you can consolidate operations 20 minutes up the road at Wildcat where there elevation is more favorable

hammer

It's not the latitude. Crotched is marginally further north than Mt Snow. It is a business decision. Crotched does not get the crowds from the Mid-Atlantic. Attitash does not make sense when you can consolidate operations 20 minutes up the road at Wildcat where there elevation is more favorable
You're correct...Crotched is pretty much a day trip area for metro Boston. Comment should have said too far south in NH.

drjeff

Not that it applies to more than a few people, and I don't think that any of them are AZ'ers, but a friend of mine who owns a ski shop up at Mount Snow, and is a member at The Hermitage Club, posted a video on FB this morning after his morning skin up to the summit of the Hermitage and said that they were making snow THIS MORNING still! Looking of the Hermitage's web page, that was confirmed in their ops plan for this week, and that next weekend is closing weekend for them.

Once again, the Hermitage's operations model pretty much dictates that you throw most every traditional thought of ski area operations out the window, and also that is seems like it is working out financially for the club, something so few private ski clubs have been able to do on more than just a small hill scale

Kudo's to them for keeping the system running this late in the season

WWF-VT

Not that it applies to more than a few people, and I don't think that any of them are AZ'ers, but a friend of mine who owns a ski shop up at Mount Snow, and is a member at The Hermitage Club, posted a video on FB this morning after his morning skin up to the summit of the Hermitage and said that they were making snow THIS MORNING still! Looking of the Hermitage's web page, that was confirmed in their ops plan for this week, and that next weekend is closing weekend for them.

Once again, the Hermitage's operations model pretty much dictates that you throw most every traditional thought of ski area operations out the window, and also that is seems like it is working out financially for the club, something so few private ski clubs have been able to do on more than just a small hill scale

Kudo's to them for keeping the system running this late in the season

Who cares about a private club taking care of their entitled clientele ? Kudos ? - for the ridiculous cost of the place and the lame terrain they offer the least they can do is make snow and run lifts.

VTKilarney

Who cares about a private club taking care of their entitled clientele ? Kudos ? - for the ridiculous cost of the place and the lame terrain they offer the least they can do is make snow and run lifts.

I found it to be both interesting and surprising.

Newpylong

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

chuckstah

I'll be checking them out tomorrow hopefully with a fresh coating of natural.