• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Why I won't be skiing much this year.

Beetlenut

Jens, I'm so saddened to hear of your beautiful wife's passing. I had hoped and prayed for a better outcome. I am understanding, at another level, what my father must have gone through when my mother passed from cancer. I could not even make it through the pictures, as your wife reminded me so much of my wife. Your children will sustain you in this time of terrible loss, and your wife will always walk by your side.

wa-loaf

Thanks for all the contributions and well wishes. I'm going to ask Rich to wrap up the Chip-in link soon. If anyone is still interested in making a contribution you can still send it directly to the account listed at the end of the obit.

Thanks again,
Jens

BeanoNYC

Thanks for all the contributions and well wishes. I'm going to ask Rich to wrap up the Chip-in link soon. If anyone is still interested in making a contribution you can still send it directly to the account listed at the end of the obit.

Thanks again,
Jens

All wrapped up. $$ sent via paypal to Jens. All together $375. Not too shabby. I also forwarded all contributor information to Jens per his request. Chipin is officially closed.

wa-loaf

All wrapped up. $$ sent via paypal to Jens. All together $375. Not too shabby. I also forwarded all contributor information to Jens per his request. Chipin is officially closed.

Thanks Rich!

FYI, approximately $18,000 has been contributed altogether so far and still counting. I am absolutely amazed at that number.

wa-loaf

Yea, there are a lot of thankyou's to send out. My wife was involved with a bunch of online forums related to knitting, cloth diapering, and a couple fertility related sites. They all banded together and donated items that were auctioned off. That brought in 10k by itself. She had a lot of friends.

Sky

Jens...all you need now is double digit interest rates like the Carter years and....wait, was that a political jab?

*re-e-e-e-buffering*

Congrats pal...so glad to see that sort of support.

wa-loaf

Well, at least they are getting in at the bottom of the market. I hope . . . Their existing fund has really taken a hit. Like everyone else I'm sure.

awf170

Did you buy a Wachusett pass this season? If not, and if you have time to use it, we'll all pitch in and get you one. I missed out Beano's fund raiser since I just saw this thread today.

wa-loaf

I already got my pass. I should be there every Thursday night for racing. If you are around I do accept free beers. :)

If you would like to do more, even though the online option is closed you can still send something directly to the bank.
a contribution may be made to the “Kueter Children College Fund”, c/o Avidia Bank, 53 West Main Street, Northborough, MA 01532 established in Colleen’s memory.

Do you babysit? I might need someone last minute on powder days . . . :-D

awf170

That's probably the best gift you could give, Austin! ;)

I already got my pass. Ishould be there every Thursday night for racing. If you are around I do accept free beers. :)

If you would like to do more, even though the online option is closed you can still send something directly to the bank.

Do you babysit? I might need someone last minute on powder days . . . :-D

Can you get me fake ID, if so then I will have your beer in no time. If not we'll have to wait for next season. Though I could just sneak a pack into the lodge. Do you prefer Natty Ice or PBR?;-)

And yeah, I'll send something to the bank in the time I go home, which will probably be in a week or two. I think you'll like that more than me baby sitting your kids. Have you trained them to Calc III or Differential equation yet? If so, then we might have ourselves a solution.

Breeze

Jens,

I hardly know what to ask my fingers to type, what to say, how to express what I feel.. I read this thread this morning, have been dumbfounded and in a fog all day. I was knocked out emotionally when I read the text of Colleen's obituary. That is when I knew how small a world we share.

I was very late to see this thread, and I am very late to offer condolences on the tragic loss you've sustained. Please forgive my late arrival here, please accept my prayers, and know that I am thinking about you and your children, and wish the very best for you as you find your way beyond the huge blow you've been dealt.

You don't know me, nor do I know you, in adult life..... but you must know that this is a very small world.

I don't want to embarrass either of us, but I will share with you that WE DO have a small world history.

I was a 17 year old college freshman in 1970, living in Dana Hall at Colby College. Your Dad and Mom were Dorm Advisers, my Dorm Parents. You were 2-3 years old at the time and I was sad and lonely and overwhelmed to be away from my family. I had a very little sister close to your age at the time, and when you zoomed about the cafeteria in PJ's and claimed hugs, you sustained for us some very real connections to the world for some of us who were unsettled and confused. Yes, I did child- sit for you in that time frame and let your folks have an evening out on occasion.

My sister worked for your Dad in his restaurant venture a few years after my graduation.

I've always supported Colby with an alumnus donation, but now that money will go to you and yours.

It wont be big, but it will be my choice.. Now it is personal.

Breeze

BeanoNYC

Jens,

I hardly know what to ask my fingers to type, what to say, how to express what I feel.. I read this thread this morning, have been dumbfounded and in a fog all day. I was knocked out emotionally when I read the text of Colleen's obituary. That is when I knew how small a world we share.

I was very late to see this thread, and I am very late to offer condolences on the tragic loss you've sustained. Please forgive my late arrival here, please accept my prayers, and know that I am thinking about you and your children, and wish the very best for you as you find your way beyond the huge blow you've been dealt.

You don't know me, nor do I know you, in adult life..... but you must know that this is a very small world.

I don't want to embarrass either of us, but I will share with you that WE DO have a small world history.

I was a 17 year old college freshman in 1970, living in Dana Hall at Colby College. Your Dad and Mom were Dorm Advisers, my Dorm Parents. You were 2-3 years old at the time and I was sad and lonely and overwhelmed to be away from my family. I had a very little sister close to your age at the time, and when you zoomed about the cafeteria in PJ's and claimed hugs, you sustained for us some very real connections to the world for some of us who were unsettled and confused. Yes, I did child- sit for you in that time frame and let your folks have an evening out on occasion.

My sister worked for your Dad in his restaurant venture a few years after my graduation.

I've always supported Colby with an alumnus donation, but now that money will go to you and yours.

Breeze

Amazing!

I'm assuming that since you just made this connection you haven't read Mr. Keuter's book yet? It's wonderful.

wa-loaf

Jens,

Breeze

Wow, very cool. Some of my first memories are of living in Dana. My Dad is retired now and as Rich pointed out has written a book. My son is about the same age I was then.

They say he looks a lot like I did then:
IMG_2622.jpg