• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WST for 3/9-10.....March Lion, march....

tnt1234

Well, ok...I think most everyone had some fun last weekend. I got 3-5" of nice soft snow at mighty Blue Mtn. in the pokes, tried out my new skis - I like them - and was home in time for dinner!

And the weekend ended with some more snow!

What's next? More snow? Sounds like it warms up here in teh flatlands, what about the mountains? Anyone have a handle on the forecast? Are we ready for spring bump season, or will winter keep rolling?

The base up north is deep, so it should be a long spring.....

Start the speculation!

tnt1234

Me...no skiing for me this weekend, but already thinking about the next....

KustyTheKlown

leave brooklyn 2:45 AM saturday morning. ski smuggs saturday. rutland motel saturday night. ski magic sunday. home in brooklyn by 7:00 PM latest.

Kleetus

K mart and Pico for me Sat/Sun. Little worried about Sunday given the potential for some wet precip based on the current model runs, but still a long ways out so things can and will change. Just hope if it is wet Sunday, it waits until after 2 or 3.

Outside of that, looks like things will stay cold all week. Heard both K and Pico skied pretty well this weekend so that should continue.

slatham

Current plan is Magic Thursday then Stowe Fri/Sat. Sunday a question as its not looking good on models, but it's too far out to get too worried.

JimG.

Staff member
K mart and Pico for me Sat/Sun. Little worried about Sunday given the potential for some wet precip based on the current model runs, but still a long ways out so things can and will change. Just hope if it is wet Sunday, it waits until after 2 or 3.

Outside of that, looks like things will stay cold all week. Heard both K and Pico skied pretty well this weekend so that should continue.

K 100% open this past weekend great skiing a few inches of snow both Sat and Sun.

drjeff

leave brooklyn 2:45 AM saturday morning. ski smuggs saturday. rutland motel saturday night. ski magic sunday. home in brooklyn by 7:00 PM latest.

Don't be surprised on Sunday morning at Magic when the lot is a bit more full than usual early. Got a race there on Sunday with typically 150 or so kids and associated crew. It's on Showoff, so really only the Green chair should be affected aside from the parking lot and and some extra bags in the lodge and orders of french fries sold! :wink:

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Killington Friday, Magic Saturday. I think places in VT will pick up a few inches of mountain snow from the lakes this week. If you've been waiting to get out there...get out there this weekend...could be deepest snowpack of the season.

cdskier

I'm taking Friday off from work to do a long weekend at Sugarbush.

Glenn

Keeping an eye on the Sunday system. NWS is still a little unsure of how things will play out.

Zand

Looking to do Bush/Stowe/Smuggs in some kind of order Sunday-Tuesday. Keeping an eye on the weather.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Deepest Natural snowpack at Killington I have seen in years....

Nah...last late last March was the deepest I've ever seen it. What a glorious time that was!

This is probably the "most firm" base I've seen across the northeast. It is bulletproof. Also worth noting is the stark contrast between valley snow depth and mountain snow depth this year.

Smellytele

Nah...last late last March was the deepest I've ever seen it. What a glorious time that was!

This is probably the "most firm" base I've seen across the northeast. It is bulletproof. Also worth noting is the stark contrast between valley snow depth and mountain snow depth this year.

Haven’t had much of the bullet proof at Cannon. A few days but definitely not as bad as some previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

machski

Also worth noting is the stark contrast between valley snow depth and mountain snow depth this year.

Maybe in Vermont, South Central NH but not northern NH and Maine. There is more snow in town in Bethel this year than I have ever seen. And the snow pack on the hill is also as deep as I've seen and that is holding that way much longer than I ever remember.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app