• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WST for 3/9-10.....March Lion, march....

drjeff

That moment when you realize this weekend is the back-end of Quebecois school vacation.

screaming-no-gif-6.gif
As an additional note, traffic volume Northbound on 91 in Mass is currently heavier than I usually encounter at roughly the same time on a Friday afternoon....

With the great Saturday forecast, my hunch is tomorrow is going to be busy across ski country as it's also one of the last weekends before weekend Spring youth sports get started for many in the Southern geographic population drawing areas for the Northeast ski population

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

I'm doing Smuggs tomorrow. It will be crowded due to Canuck vacation week, but I've learned my lesson never to ski Jay Peak on a Saturday of Quebecois vacation week. Sunday will be a gametime decision depending on what the wind situation is.

Kleetus

K mart was awesome today. Little crowded but not bad and were avoidable. Devil's fiddle and anything south facing softened up into nice corn snow. Everything else had great snow too, but got a little skied off by 2ish.

Weather was spectacular, as I'm sure it was everywhere today.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Cannon skied great today. Front five first thing were rippin' cord, Fast, carveable and fun. Top skied great all morning and skiers left trails off the top were still great without any scraped off spots in the afternoon at all. Even profile skied great.

BenedictGomez

Smuggs was mobbed today. I only took 1 run on Madonna & 1 run on Sterling, spent the rest of the day lapping Madonna 2 and pretty much skiing Bermuda. That way at least I was able to get in quite a bit of tree skiing without 15+ minute waits.

Vaughn

Cannon skied great today. Front five first thing were rippin' cord, Fast, carveable and fun. Top skied great all morning and skiers left trails off the top were still great without any scraped off spots in the afternoon at all. Even profile skied great.

Any indication that somebody died up there yesterday? I'd assume they're not exactly publicizing it but I could also see put some flowers out or something.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Elk was stellar today , light crowd , no wind to speak of . Bumps were great , everything skied well . Parking lot temps tailgating felt like June . 5" in the forecast for tomorrow .

drjeff

Today was just one of those few days a year where you were just happy to be outside and enjoying the splendid weather! Was AWESOME at Bromley, and my wife said the same thing of Mount Snow, and per texts and FB feeds from other me friends, Stratton, Magic and Stowe were equally as great today!

Smellytele

Any indication that somebody died up there yesterday? I'd assume they're not exactly publicizing it but I could also see put some flowers out or something.

No indication at all except me son being spoken to by an instructor that he should take it easy and that they were all on edge because of what happened on Friday.

Glenn

As an additional note, traffic volume Northbound on 91 in Mass is currently heavier than I usually encounter at roughly the same time on a Friday afternoon....

With the great Saturday forecast, my hunch is tomorrow is going to be busy across ski country as it's also one of the last weekends before weekend Spring youth sports get started for many in the Southern geographic population drawing areas for the Northeast ski population

We saw the same thing Jeff when we came up 91 Friday evening. It was really busy north of Northampton. Figured it was going to be packed on the hill Saturday, so we took out the snowmobile...LOL.

KustyTheKlown

Smuggs was mobbed today. I only took 1 run on Madonna & 1 run on Sterling, spent the rest of the day lapping Madonna 2 and pretty much skiing Bermuda. That way at least I was able to get in quite a bit of tree skiing without 15+ minute waits.

there were some large lines from 10-1, but "mobbed"? not really. certainly not worth neglecting the two good lifts to ski madonna2 all day. i skied with my girlfriend on morse from 8:30 - 10, and by myself on madonna and sterling from 10-4. i got my 20k vertical, including hikes past the bullwheel, up from drifter to the chutes above shuttle, and into the bowls.